Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What type of pod should I use?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2004, 04:03 AM   #1
matty61184

I would like to get the A pod and gauges for my 99' GLS, preferably the 3 gauge version, but also the two gauge version. I would like to know what a good site would be to find the pod as well as the gauges. I just bought the electroluminescent gauges that can be colored either blue or green and would like to have the pod gauges coordiate to that. Is this going to be a hard find? Also, what kind of gauges do you all suggest (I am sure it varies by preference, etc). I was just looking for some extra style and feedback about my car. I would prefer to put gauges in that are easier to wire in and whatnot, but I can do most anything with the proper directions. You can also email me if you'd like with any suggestions. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:30 AM   #2
chicken_dog

Get these gauges from this site they are sweet.www.www.dakotadigital.com check them out then decide what you might like.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:35 AM   #3
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
get the solarix gauges...they are the bomb...mine should be here tom or friday...a little expensive but very nice.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
99blackalero

personally i like the 3 pod pillar, looks more "full" when installed
Old 02-11-2004, 01:13 PM   #5
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
some say the 3rd hinders your view more and its more cluttered...i dont know.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
matty61184

Quote:
Originally posted by johny_boy32@Feb 11 2004, 02:35 PM
get the solarix gauges...they are the bomb...mine should be here tom or friday...a little expensive but very nice.
Do you have the site for those? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #7
sympley

I myself would add 3 gauge pod. More info, and it looks cool, especialy some nice blue glow gauges. I would like to do it in my alero but I am not sure how to hook up the gauges. I asked around here but no one replied to my tread. Would you guys know how to hook these gauges up? I would like to put in Air Ratio meter, Oil Pressure meter, and either a Voltage meter, or Oil water temperature. Can we use the electric kind that plugs to the GM harness somewere, or de we need to go the root where we have to drill a hole in the hoses/pipes to install the senders. Any advice would be super helpful???

Thank you.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:25 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^^ The answer will be useful to me too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #9
mfuller

For all your questions on how to install gauge pods and gauges, click the following link:

How to install aftermarket gauges
Old 02-12-2004, 02:10 AM   #10
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the 3 gauge pillar does hinder your view a little. but i notice it when in parking lot and some one comes walking out in front off you from the driver side.

far as installin the gauges. the air/fuel you can get a pigtail from pfyc.com that plugs in and has the wire there to tap in so you don't have to mess with factory harness.

volt is a piece of cake.

oil pressure is more involved, especiallity on 2.4

i would recommend auto-meter gauges but my i really like my faze gauges. same quailty, it seems.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:21 PM   #11
sympley

Man these gauges of yours look sick. I wish I could get these done for my car, looks rally good. Seems like a lot of light but that is all good. You must be getting a lot of attention on a road, any problems from cops.

Thank you for the info on install, very, very helpfull. I had no idea that these gauges are so pricy, especialy here in Canada they like to put double price on everything because that market is just expanding here.

Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:52 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
haven't had any probs from the cops.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #13
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
hey scott...wanna install mine??
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 10:32 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

sure john. no problem. i have done 2 of them. just bring it on down and I will hook you up.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:25 AM   #15
StealthAlero

Get the 3, if your going to buy a new pillar, might as well get 3 gauge pods right?

Autometer has a great selection for a pretty reasonable price. I have the 3 gauge pod with autometers sport comp gauges. I'll post pictures later, but check them out. Or if you have lots of money to blow, HKS, APEXi, Defi, and BLITZ have awesome show gauges. But like i said, those are more for show, autometer has great prices, check summitracing.com.

What gauges were you looking at getting?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 AM   #16
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

cool...gimme a few weeks...i alreaddy have the stuff...3 pillar pod and faze guages to match the indiglows afr guage, oil pressure guage..elec...and the boost/vacuum gauge, im also gonna talk to chris about putting my wing on possibly, but my car goes in under the knife on monday so ill be wihtout for most of the week, but ill let ya know when i can get a free weeknd, and see if your also free for the same weekend

Old 03-10-2004, 08:26 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

let me know, john.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #18
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

awesome..thanx man...maybe i can drag greg down too..lol

Old 03-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Lightbulb

hey was installign a air fuel ratio gauge setup hard at all? if not i'd consider getting that, a boost gauge and volt....problem is i have no turbo parts.....so no point in getting them....yet <_<
Old 03-10-2004, 10:17 PM   #20
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Lightbulb

what gauges do you have OLDSMAN? just wondering