Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #81
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I will have to check the attachment later, work will not display it right now. I am going to call summit racing and have them send out a new O2 sensor with a harness to lengthen it. By the way, if you put these headers in, you will need approximately 28" of extension for the O2 sensor relocation. The sensor and line seem easy to get to so I will put that in myself and hopefully it will take care of it.

You can clear the computer by disconnecting the battery cable and tying the +/- ends together for 15 minutes right? Maybe I will do a couple clears to see if that works...but clearing will clear the PCM settings too so things will just cancel out I bet.

I am buying the hptuners pro from ben. That will hopefully put an end to everything.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #82
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Will this fit on the sensor? Does the sensor itself have a plug to plug into?

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1162

As for the sound of the headers, I was hoping for a little more. It isn't ricey with the "raaaaaaan" sound; it isn't the deeper power "brum-brum-brum-brum" but more of a "br-br-br-br." This is when driving or revving.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 03-26-2011 at 03:23 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #83
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Will this fit on the sensor? Does the sensor itself have a plug to plug into?

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1162

This is one with the factory harness end next to it, your plugs may be light gray instead of black:

Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #84
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I think I saw the steering line. Does it run perpendicular to the pipes at the back of the engine?

It looks like that extension would fit our plugs...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #85
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
This is one with the factory harness end next to it, your plugs may be light gray instead of black

Yeah, and the gray plug (Planar style sensor) is not the same as the black plug (thimble style sensor). While they *basically* work the same, the plugs are not interchangeable.

99-00 should be black, 01-04 should be grey.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #86
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I purchased this sensor: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NGK-21516/

And this extension: http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...oducts_id=1160

That extension is under the pontiac grand am and is listed as the gray wire so I hope it works. Hopefully, the combination of these will alleviate any sensor code issues.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #87
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Yeah, that should work just fine... I have that exact style MP150 connector on my desk, it's the right one for the '01+
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #88
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Thanks Cliff. Any word on that specific line B888?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #89
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Thanks Cliff. Any word on that specific line B888?

It runs along close above the back subframe beam and also under the downpipe (perpendicular to the downpipe)
Old 03-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #90
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I traced all lines coming out of the power steering pump, the nearest rubber section is at least 6 inches away. The part that runs underneath and near the down pipe are metal. Looks like it has enough clearance to not have any issue.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #91
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
hate to bring up old news but how did you make out? did the idle smooth out?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #92
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I will do a final write up when I get all the SES lights off. I bought the items I listed above from the site recommended on this same thread, installed them, cleared the computer and started up with no SES lights and a smooth idle.

However, when I took it for a drive, shut it down, then turned it back on the SES light had returned. I imagine this is because it is still running lean as it was coded for such in a prior scan.

The idle is smooth now though and the sound is really growing on me. I am waiting on Ben to get a tuner in stock and send it to me so I can get it tuned and hopefully make that lean code disappear...

When I get everything wrapped up I will make a new video and write up for you guys.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #93
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
I'm glad the pacesetters worked out for you in the end man, you deserve it after all the BS u had to go through lol.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #94
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Yeah, it was just a crappy install that made everything go poorly. Everything after has been gravy for the most part. Just a little heater wrap, a little calibration...nothing too terrible for a mod that supposedly gets a solid 15+ hp.

However, a fan blade guard occasionally bumps it and melts some plastic off. Anyone know about some slimmer fans that fit the 3400?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #95
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
if its just the guard then trim it
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #96
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
good to hear it all worked out in the end.. im thinking about getting some ceramic pacesetter headers here soon idk yet.. found a set for 407$.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #97
bshatney
GX Member

bshatney is on a distinguished road
i just got my 99 alero coupe 3.4 the other day. i've been looking around but i cant find anything other than cheap ebay intakes. im wanting to do the basic upgrades such as intake, headers, and exhaust but what is a good performance upgrade to start with, and where the heck can i find parts for it? lol i just signed up on here so im new to it. i really appreciate any help with this and i cant wait to get some money into it and make it a heck of a sleeper!
bshatney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #98
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Most people on here have either ebay or another intake for a car.. really an intake is an intake. Just if you get the ebay one put a different filter on it. I've got the ebay one... as for exhaust you can google it.. there's pacesetter and flow master. You can youtube those to see which you like better. Or magnaflow but pacesetter was my choice

As for parts... WOT-TECH.com or milzymotorsports has parts for our car.. I think I have one other website bookmarked on my comp but im on my cell typing this so I can't remember off hand.

I have a 3.4 too. Got a high flow cat, pacesetter exhaust, intake, ngk plugs. Painted the upper intake. Added hids.. new 18 in rims.. spark pplug wires... painted the headlights on the inside and cleared the corners... I love the look of these cars.. check out the site some more it will be helpful.

And welcome to the site.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #99
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Go thread jack somewhere else noob. Try searching too.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #100
sleepyalero
GLS member

I agree I was just trying to be nice lol.

He should have posted the question in the new member section. But I just said what the hell and answered it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: