Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Gasket making

What material does good gaskets, other than paper gasket stuff?

Maybe thicker.

With Guigui we made a paper gasket for my TB, but after further reviews yesterday, I saw that the way the Quad4 TB is made, theres an "outside groove" for a vaccum line that prevail the TB from sitting properly on the supercharger's opening.

Solution one is to find something to make a thick gasket so that the groove kinda sit "in" the gasket

Solution two would be to file the groove so that it now sit on the throttle body properly and add silicone.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 03-22-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno I bought some rubber square gasket maker material from an auto parts store to make my throttle body gasket(s) for the new supercharger and spacer.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
They make actual hi temp gasket making silicone that is intended to make engine gaskets, I forget the brand name of it tho.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Something like that, the one I've been using that I can't remember the name of is like the industry standard, the one in that pic is more generic
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Ya, Ive bought paper gasket + that type of gasket maker silicone, but a higher temp rated one (they say its good for turbocharged engines, I figured why not? 700F)

Ive redone a gasket, put silicone on both sides of the gasket, fitted the TB right into place and checked that it sit properly everywhere. I did not start the car yet, because they say you need to wait 24 hours for the thing to dry and last time we did with Guigui we didnt wait, and I didnt need the car tonight so I just let it sit till tomorrow.

That damn silicone is sticky as hell though lol. I must say I put a lot of the stuff, but I dare that mothereffer to leak again.

I decided to file the "groove" I was talking about and put it straight with the rest of the TB, I hope it will fix my problem......
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 03-22-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote