Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
wy3134

I was just curious about the lanzar viberant amps....anyone ever used one, if so experiences, quality, etc....thanks for the info.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i've had one for about 3 years. (used it for about a year) works great for me. 1400W @ 4 channels. i like it. i have a few friends who do alot of car audio work and they seemed to like the way it sounded, and worked.

i'd give it a big
Old 06-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
wy3134

thanks for the info! i found these and saw how affordable they were, so perhaps i can get a pretty loud system at an inexpensive price. what do you have your amp pushing cherrington?
Old 06-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
jiffy

IMO if you are looking for a budget amp, go with Profile. Check their website for cheap refurbished amps with 1 year manufacturer warrantys on them.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i never had good experiences with lanzar, it's made by the same company as Pyle, Pyramid, and Legacy.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
honestly, the most bang for your buck would be a power acoustik(check their class d amps), or POSSIBLY a maxxsonics amp(maybe a crunch? hifonics are quite a bit better)
Old 06-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
wy3134

ok thanks for the advice there....ive been questionable about power acoustic products since i heard their subs arent that good, then mixed results on the amps
Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
The only line of Lanzar amps that I would ever purchase is the Opti line. They're all crap but the opti line isn't as bad. A good budget amp brand is Profile. Check into them. What is your amp budget? And how much power do you need? Lanzar amps don't put out what they advertise. A 1000 watt amp from Lanzar will be about 300 watts true power.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #9
wy3134

im thinking/wanting to go with some alpine type R subs (i forget the exact model number, there rated at 500watts rms/1500watts max, since there affordable at around $120/each, id like to get a couple and then an amp to power em, and keep everything under $400)
Old 06-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
jamcllw
GLS member

If had that budget and dead set on getting the type-rs I'd get this amp. It's a factory refurb but ikesound has excellent customer service and they back there products. That amp will put you right at $400 with those subs.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2119
Old 06-13-2005, 08:04 AM   #11
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i have a lanzar opti amp 6 channel and this amp kicks ass.

the opti series is the best they have. Lanzar is also under rated. Lnzar used to be one of the best back in the 90's but then fell like hifonics.

far as opti's under producing..........HA. the opti's are underrated by at 30%. even car stereo mags have proven this.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #12
jamcllw
GLS member

Do you believe everything you read?

I have a hard time believing that a $360 amp will put out 2000 watts.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #13
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by jamcllw@Jun 13 2005, 01:12 PM
Do you believe everything you read?

I have a hard time believing that a $360 amp will put out 2000 watts.
Ding Ding Ding... we have a weiner...lol

If you want an amp thats going to make 1000rms at 2 or 4 ohms and under 15volts its going to cost you close to a dollar a watt...

A lot of amps will make 1000-1200+ watts RMS, but usually its at something rediculous like 17 volts.. your charging system will never see that kind of voltage... The real companys have been staying away from the JBF ratings of the 90's.. so should we

JBF= Just Before Fire

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:13 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
i don't have to read. all i have to do is go out and listen to my system. supposely i am only putting 180 watts to my 1 12" sub but when it pounds as hard as some friend 300 watts to subs ( talking kenwood, and Rockford) well i know that it's underrated. hell i have out pound a 500 watt sony. which the rms is actually 250.

so the only explaination is either 1. my amp is underrated 2. it has a lot more cleaner power 3. even a rockford amp can suck ass.

but i do agree with sound, power actuostic amps are damn good for the money.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #15
jamcllw
GLS member

Sony car audio products suck they are a joke. Kenwood is the same way. And after the "a" line of Rockfords went away they suck.
And there is so much more that goes into consideration when comparing sound systems than wattage. You have cabin gain, box size, tuning freq. if ported so on and so forth. Speakers have a lot to do with it too. If you were to get a 100 watt speaker with good build quality and so forth it can sound much better and some times louder than a 500 watt speaker. There is so many variables besides wattage.
Case in fact last year at a comp 1 guy had 2 JL 12W3V2s running off of a 500 watt JL amp going against a guy with 2 Kicker 12L7s and around 1500 watts of power. Now anybody that knows L7s knows that they should have won no problem with that setup but it was about 3 dB's lower than the Jls with 500 watts. Both were in a ported box but the JLs were higher and they were Honda CRX which is probably the best car to compete in for SPL. The only reason I remember this one so well is the guy with the L7s got mad because he lost and couldn't understand why and they almost fought about it.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #16
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I have to agree. Wattage is only one part of the equation. The key is to match your speakers, enclosure, and wattage to one another. If you have a limited amount of wattage then go with subs that carry a high efficiency and avoid a sealed enclosure. Unfortunately, the cabin is something we can do little about. As for lanzar, I can't comment on there products. I can say that california, profile, pyramid, and legacy are a huge waste in money. The california and profile were my first amps. I bench tested them when I first got a job for Fujitsu. They were suppose to be rated for 300 and 450 rms but only displaced around 150 and 200 rms before clipping. They may manage to put out 70 percent of there claims but the distortion would be so high you could not use it. The other thing I noticed was that they did not produce the full frequency range. They dipped off rapidly on the scope after 13,000htz. And this was without any built in crossovers.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #17
Oldsman
Owner

i know i use to have a 800 watt earthquake amp with earthquake subs and use to sound a lot better than any average brands out there.

i remember a guy who had a 1500 watt with 2 15's and my 2 12's sounded a hell of a lot better.

a lot of people just look at wattage. but you should look at all the specs. when choosing an amp.

a lot of the companies that use to be on top are not anymore. so name doesn't really mean anything anymore. the only top name that is still up towards the top is soundstream. but you pay for their crap.