Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
im looking to get some more info about this for my dad. he's real into sports radio/talk radio stuff like that. mostly sports, i dont think he even listens to FM stations. i think sirius is the better one for this? or xm?

its a 2000 explorer, and its a work truck, so he'll probably be getting a new one next year or so, so being easily transported into another vehicle (or easily re-installed) is a big thing.

i know they make these wireless transmiter kits, are they any good? or is the quality really bad?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
I used to sell a lot of satellite radio and basically what it comes down to with sports is...does your dad like football, college basketball, and nhl hockey...or does he like baseball and nascar...because football, college basketball, and hockey are broadcasted on Sirius, while baseball and nascar are exclusive to xm...if sirius...look into the sirius sportster...it's made by DEI and we sold quite a few of them...they retail for roughly $100 and you need the car cradle for it which usually runs $40 to $50...course it's been a couple of months since I've sold some car audio so there may be better things out there...but that's the info that I have.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Yeah, it depends on what sport he likes better. For me, Sirius makes more sense b/c I love getting all the football games. I definately reccomend getting a tuner with an FM transmitter so it is portable between installations since he is getting a new truck soon. The less wiring you have to do the better. Although sound quality won't be as good with FM transmitters, it is a bit easier to install.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
what about talk radio? on both, or neither? the music he listens to is country, classical, ummm stuff like frank sinotra, music from that generation
Old 06-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
bigd6983

http://www.xmradio.com/

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...&occ=ACR0011002

theres the sites for them both, you should be able to check out what stations they have in detail........

hope it helps
Old 06-20-2005, 01:13 AM   #6
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Good link Bigd6983. It pretty much boils down to the channels you want to listen to. If you have dishnetwork, they are offering a free preview of the sirius stations. I have had both xm and sirius. Sound quality and reception wise the xm was superior to sirius by a good margin. Both units were direct wire into the HU so I can't comment on the FM broadcast versions. While I do miss the cleaner sound of xm (be aware some stations are broadcast in analog still) I prefer the programs of sirius. They tend to have more rock and progressive. The sports stations are more to my liking as well. For that reason I will stay with the sirius.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote