Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #41
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Intrigue 442 edition

it's ugly. the alero one was like that, but pink.. with ghetto ass rims.. and a HUGE wing

[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #42
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
ok im confused........

the gold one = the Intrigue

the pink = the alero

i think you have them mixed up ion. if you look at the side skirt and headlights between the 2, the gold one is definatly the intrigue
Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #43
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I think you are confused. He posted up images of the Intrigue 442 and asked: "What's the story on this one?" to which I replied: "Intrigue 442 edition"

.. and then I went on to say "it's ugly. the alero one was like that, but pink.. with ghetto ass rims.. and a HUGE wing"

and then I provided a picture to describe the Alero version
Old 12-29-2007, 06:13 PM   #44
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
any back seat osv pics? were they color matched like the fronts ? where was the color ?

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #45
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
any back seat osv pics? were they color matched like the fronts ? where was the color ?

no but the back seat was normal leather.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #46
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuriku View Post
ok im confused........

the gold one = the Intrigue

the pink = the alero

i think you have them mixed up ion. if you look at the side skirt and headlights between the 2, the gold one is definatly the intrigue

de dede!
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #47
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
WOW! That intrigue looks nice, and I hate intrigues...Now just imagine if that was the original look for the intrigue and the osv alero did come out in time GM would have been still in the game...there catching up with the ecotec and the cobalt and stuff but dam why does GM come up with good ideas and never release them? That pic of the intrigue can even compete against a charger just with its front end...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #48
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

IMHO ... those big square opens for the front are so fugly!

But the rest of those 2 cars look very good ... though pink stinks ... lol!

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:14 PM   #49
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

IMHO ... those big square opens for the front are so fugly!

But the rest of those 2 cars look very good ... though pink stinks ... lol!

Most would agree with you on the huge rectangles in front. GM was looking for that '70 442 grill look, but failed miserably. It looks like an Aurora grill for the most part and they just stuck those ugly ass grills in their.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #50
[ion] C2
636 whp

plus the graphics, wing, and rims... they failed at everything
Old 12-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #51
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #52
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
hey look its me its me
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:33 AM   #53
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
What kind of paint does the green one have? It looks tight as hell, so shiny and "wet" and un-orange peel-y.

gaaah
Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #54
IRONDOG442
GL Member

IRONDOG442 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to IRONDOG442
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
These pics are from the 2001 OCA Nat'ls held up here. What's the story on this one?

This one still exists. According to Richard Balsley Oldsmobile's Special Division Manager there is one set of 2000 OSVs (the Red ones) they made two sets allegedly that were not driven by the press and not shown at shows and those were saved and hiding somewhere, he would not disclose their location. The Alero 442 was scrapped so was the Saturday night Cruiser (yellow) Intrigue, Polar bear Intrigue, and RKS Alero. The Alero convertible still exists. The 2001 green OSVs which were days out of production according to Richard (I mean literally only days) were also scrapped with 1st set of 2000 Red OSVs 2 of the 3 SC-3 (Barret Jackson called these the Zebra Edition)Oldsmobiles still exist as well.

Last edited by IRONDOG442 : 12-31-2007 at 10:34 AM.
IRONDOG442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #55
IRONDOG442
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
What kind of paint does the green one have? It looks tight as hell, so shiny and "wet" and un-orange peel-y.

gaaah

According to Richard that green is a Cadillac Color used in 2001, it was GM's best production paint at the time. And the wet look is from hours of wet sanding.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #56
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
The zebra car still exists I have pics, and spoke to the lady whos husband owns it. She said the car was bought at that Barret Jackson, I even asked her if those arent the original rims she said your right she didn't say why, I think they were from florida, I wanted to look under the hood, but her husband wasn't around. Im guessing it had the 3400....

Saturday night Cruiser (yellow) Intrigue I actually have a pic or two of this car, Polar bear Intrigue OMG HUH? I want to see....., and RKS Alero Im guessing this was the Kalifornia edition?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #57
IRONDOG442
GL Member

The people you talked to are Ken Petrie and his wife they are from Royal Oak Michigan. The original wheels got scrapped and he bought a set of 17"s to make the car look different than stock. The car does have the 3400. The RKS is the Cali edition. Here's pictures of the polar bear car it had a freezer in the trunk and rear air controls from a chevy suburban and dual buckets in the back with a custom console. GM called it a warm weather show car so they could give children ice cream out of the trunk. This one was for the kids.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:27 PM   #58
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Here are good shots of the Intrigue Saturday Night Special. This one of my favorites

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #59
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONDOG442 View Post
This one still exists. According to Richard Balsley Oldsmobile's Special Division Manager there is one set of 2000 OSVs (the Red ones) they made two sets allegedly that were not driven by the press and not shown at shows and those were saved and hiding somewhere, he would not disclose their location. The Alero 442 was scrapped so was the Saturday night Cruiser (yellow) Intrigue, Polar bear Intrigue, and RKS Alero. The Alero convertible still exists. The 2001 green OSVs which were days out of production according to Richard (I mean literally only days) were also scrapped with 1st set of 2000 Red OSVs 2 of the 3 SC-3 (Barret Jackson called these the Zebra Edition)Oldsmobiles still exist as well.

yes there was 2 sets of the red OSV and 1 set of the green OSV. The vehicles were made by MSX. The green 2001 was days out of production. it was desgned to replicate the production model that is why the side skirts and wing where bolt on but the bumpers would not have been a full replacement but but like the razzi kit. they were setting it up so they could add the OSV stuff on the assembly line.

out of the 2 red OSV aleros 1 was the show car and one was the test car which AJ foyt, Al Unser, and other drove it at the track. Also according to Richard Balsley the red OSV was putting 230 hp to the ground. i have pics of both red OSV aleros.

the Alero 442 and Intrigue 442 both had according to Richard, 475hp 4.6 Northstar motors that were built by a company in CA. the Alero 442 was FWD 5spd with true dual exhaust and came with factory gauges that included a 10k tach.

Last edited by Oldsman : 12-31-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #60
Oldsman
Owner

2000 OSV #1

2000 OSV #2

Last edited by Oldsman : 12-31-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote