Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
|Rev|

Hey guys, I have a few questions for you guys,
1st of all, I have seen like 300 different types of grill kits ,( the wire mesh ) and I have no clue which is the best, what are your oppinions?
2nd I can't find the white gauge face with the red glow on the thingamajig, where can I find one?
3rd, I know this is a really retarded question, but I am thinking of becoming a VIP member here, what all is involved, and is it just the initial $20 and thats it?

Thanks for all your help smart ppl
CHow
Josh
Old 05-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
grille kits: quality is determined by the material or how it's cut. If it is aluminum, it's okay. if it's pre-cut to fit the car, it's okay. If it's both, it's really good.

I've never seen a white-face guage glow red, but you can check out speedhut.com for some custome guage faces.

VIP members get aleromod.com decals and access to a VIP forum here on the site. The $20 goes towards various things involving the site itself. For example, Naich added the Arcade last week. Other money might go toward just maintaining the site, like paying for the domain bills, and whatnot. Naich will have a better answer for you on that one.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Don't buy the mesh on eBay. It's just gutter mesh that you can get at Home Depot for a few bucks a foot. Not ment for a car, and can't stand up to the abuse it would take on a car. (Debirs, road salt, pebbels, etc, etc)

Are you talk about the red needles with white gauges? You can get both from APoC. He has a link on this page :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
|Rev|

Yeah, the red needles with white gauges, that's what my retarded self was trying to say! umm Who is APoC? and where is this link u speak of lol sorry I know Im dumb :rolleyes:
thanx
CHow
Old 05-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
bigd6983

to add to one of his questions, if you dont recomend the ebay wire mesh where should we go to get some. I have wanted to put some on the two side pieces but havent gotten around to it.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
|Rev|

about the VIP membership, i guess I'm asking is it $20 a month, or just the initial $20 dollars?
chOW
Old 05-24-2004, 05:44 PM   #7
Grouch

the VIP membership is just $20. It's a one time deal. Like others have said you get access to a VIP Forum here, an Aleromod.com decal and other specials as Nick comes up with them.

For the grill check out Custom Car Grills. He's a member here and has supported our community with a number of items in the past. Good guy to do business with. He also sells his grills on eBay under his company name.

http://www.customcargrills.com/
Old 05-24-2004, 08:23 PM   #8
|Rev|

ahh, well I am gonna rejoin the site, becaues I hate the name I gave myself, I'll use my nickname |Rev| for the new account, then Ill join the V.I.P thingy to help u ppl out.
thanx
Chow

Or is there a way I can change my login name without opening up a new account?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:52 PM   #9
|Rev|

oh, and can someone please tell me where to get the gauges with the needle that glows red, and the white gauges? I really want them soon, and I ordered the grille from that guy you recommended, thanks for the reference.
CHow
Old 05-25-2004, 07:01 AM   #10
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i bought my grille from auto zone.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:05 AM   #11
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
i have a brand new set of grille i never used before from custom car grille if any one wants them pm me, if not i guess i'll just replace my old ones with these
Old 05-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #12
Grouch

glowing needle kit:

http://www1.ecxmall.com/stores/americanper...etail.bok?no=27

They also have the white face gauges there, but I would avoid those. See the reviews on them in the Product Review Section of this site. Look for Import Intelligence White Face Gauges in there.

The only other options you have for gauge faces is:
www.speedhut.com

or catch Naich when he works a deal with a private vendor to special order some.