Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #21
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
sure no problem doing it now
thank you
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
Come on guys... don't tell him to give up. If he wants to try it, I say go for it. It's not gonna be prefect the first time I'm sure.. but it's something fun to do.

If I listened to people who told me it probably wouldn't work, I'd never get anything done on my car. Some of my stuff doesn't turn out perfect.. but then I just know for next time.

dude no offense, but the "next time" guess what its going to cost you more money becasue now you have to buy more sand paper, more grinding discs, more wire for your welder, and the list goes on

why not do it right the first time then have to do something twice, when i was learning i had a journyman next to me for yrs, he wouldnt let out of his sight, metal shaping custom work is not some weekend warrior project unless your that damn good but no one really is

he can do what ever he wants but i will say it again from my own experience in fixing cars like this guy is trying to do him self, we always let them kknow its going to cost you more money becasue you did this to your car

thats all im saying he can whatever its no my car but i and all the tech who are online cant teach him it wont happen, youtube cant teach, we have to teach hands on or me or a tech right next to him

thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Replied. Thanks Chris.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #24
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
dude no offense, but the "next time" guess what its going to cost you more money becasue now you have to buy more sand paper, more grinding discs, more wire for your welder, and the list goes on

Lol I know, it's just something I accept. I figure if I screw it up 2 times and finally get it the 3rd or so it's still gonna be cheaper than getting it professionally done, and I can gain knowledge and have a good hobby to mess around with.

If ya got the cash and don't wanna risk wasting time and materials, then pro is def the best way to go.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #25
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Replied. Thanks Chris.

no problem dude
Old 06-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #26
My-Alero_03
GX Member

My-Alero_03 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to My-Alero_03
Quick question On Shaving door handels anyone know what a shop usaly charges for something like that
My-Alero_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #27
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Lots of money.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Alero_03 View Post
Quick question On Shaving door handels anyone know what a shop usaly charges for something like that

spal shaved handle kit=100 bucks
8-10 body labor hours per door=at 65 a hour some shops are more i have seen some shop are close to 100 per hour for custom work
removing the handle, belt molding, interior trim panle, mirror,=body labor at 48 a hour=about 2.0 hours
not to mention if its a 4 door then we are removing the parts off that door as well so add anoher 2.0 body hours

then you have paint time your painting sometimes the whole side of the car, at 48 a hour, at least 7-8 paint hours, plus cover car plus wet sand and buff plus material plus tax

some tech i have seen just weld a plate in place of the door handle, its fine but you run the risk of a line, what i do is cut out the actual piece and weld in a new piece of metal, again i wont go into the experience you need to do this

it could be close to 2,000 for what you want done, and its no joke, oh ya i forgot the wiring of the handle kit is ellectrical time at 75 a hour

so its not cheap for custom work
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #29
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
from the quotes i got in NY, to get the handles shaved and primered it runs about 250-300 a door, and that does not include the money for the popper kit and installation for that.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #30
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
you guys have it all over complicated...

step 1: Apply preparation solution:

Step 2: follow directions on special tools:
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #31
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Albino... your way involve too much steps, it's too hard, I swear...
I suggest to use this

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 06-29-2010 at 11:31 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote