Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Angel got it in the rear...

So yesterday I'm driving, yellow light-not gonna make it...lever the breaks...coming to a complete stop...screeeeech!!! Thinking to self: I'm not stopping suddenly, nor was I going so fast, why are there screeching tires??

Bam! I look back and some blond bimbo has rearended me when I'm stopped at a red light. I signal to pull over to the left, thankfully she didn't just take off on me. They want to get the repairs done under the table but one screw from her license plate is punctured through my bumper, the other just grated a canyon down the middle of it and the whole thing is scratched to shit. My exhaust tips are bent down too...

So I'm wondering: could this be all thrown out of alignment? How much damage could there be that I'm not seeing? What are some things I should look for in an under the table deal? I have all their insurance and contact info should they try to screw me, but no police report to back everything up which is my mistake. Need the body mechanics on this one.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
why the hell did you go under the table unless she is doing something else for you.....
Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Well I don't have a police report...so what's to stop them from saying: "he backed into me."? In 50/50 hindsight anyhow. That and I am trying to just be a nicer guy about it...And I am sure my insurance will increase for it.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Most places you have 24 hours.

I would report it to your insurance then the police.

Why chance it trying to be nice?

Nice guys usually get screwed over in such things.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you pretty much screwed the pooch on that one. I know my insurance company won't deal with any claim that doesn't have a police report. I guess that is under the table.
-Smurf-
Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
wow you mad a big mistake you would have gotten a police report because they persons insurance would have paid for all or most of the damage.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

We'll see. I called the insurance company and they took a statement from me and referred me to an adjustor. No one was hurt so I just didn't seem to see the need for police until my State Trooper father told me otherwise after the whole occurrence. Such is life...we live, we learn. If she is honest when my adjustor calls, she still will pay for everything.

If push comes to shove, I just will have to deal with a effed up bumper for a while. Been wanting to get a new one that will accomodate dual exhausts anyhow.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 04-23-2010 at 11:15 AM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Sounds like RAZZI time to me...WOOT WOOT! LMAO
-Smurf-
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Hopefully you don't get boned on this (and if you do, hopefully she does too) But you definitely learned a lesson there.

good luck with it all. I hope they are as decent as you. (if both sides "want to be nice" then it'll all work out)
Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
sfi3400
GL Member

sfi3400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sfi3400 Send a message via Yahoo to sfi3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
So yesterday I'm driving, yellow light-not gonna make it...lever the breaks...coming to a complete stop...screeeeech!!! Thinking to self: I'm not stopping suddenly, nor was I going so fast, why are there screeching tires??

Bam! I look back and some blond bimbo has rearended me when I'm stopped at a red light. I signal to pull over to the left, thankfully she didn't just take off on me. They want to get the repairs done under the table but one screw from her license plate is punctured through my bumper, the other just grated a canyon down the middle of it and the whole thing is scratched to shit. My exhaust tips are bent down too...

So I'm wondering: could this be all thrown out of alignment? How much damage could there be that I'm not seeing? What are some things I should look for in an under the table deal? I have all their insurance and contact info should they try to screw me, but no police report to back everything up which is my mistake. Need the body mechanics on this one.

same thing happened to me, but i wasn't even in my Trans AM. it was parked and hit. took the insurance they sed well your car isnt worth what the damage is here is 1,000 and take it. no police report taken, i denyed the offer called my insurance they said take it to where i want it fixed and i will get a check fro the damages from the persons company. SO if they give hard time report it your insurance WILL NOT go up and you will get a check fro the damages from the bimbos company. Did you black mail her into giving head or more?????? LOLZ
Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ok the bad thing about paying out of pocket is the extra damage once that car is torn down, if the exhaust tips are bent down ill bet money that something else is bent as well

what if the rear body panle is damaged, rear frame rails, one or both quater panles, your at a dead stop she tagged you you have more then just a bumper and exhaust tips

my point is dont pay out of pocket it will cost you ALLOT more money and we techs dont like fixing customer paying jobs for the simple fact that we are fixing stuff for free, and i dont work for free neither do the other techs in this world

so lets see some pics of the damage, inside the trunk, pics of the ass end so i can tell ya whats wrong
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #12
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'll get pics as soon as I can. I opted to let the insurance companies duke it out. My girl and I just moved into a new place so no net for a lil bit...
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Good news! The people were upstanding and honest and their insurance is taking 100% responsibility! So I'll have a new bumper and hopefully nothing else is too messed up that they choose to total her. I just moved so I have not internet regularly to post and add regularly.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
bigbiz15
GX Member

bigbiz15 is on a distinguished road
Screw being a nice guy, Go to the police and your insurance company and get it done the right way. If there is more issues with your car that you cant account for then you may pay for it later on.
bigbiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
newbie thread revival!!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

What the...?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's weird. It's like the post dates are blocked out for new users.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I read this thinking it was new, but the story sounded soooo familiar... I looked at the date and thought, "Silly newb thread jesus!"
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
At least they are using the Search button

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #20
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Well, in any case I got my bumper fixed up nicely and no problems since. Hooray.