Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
Alerotgp
GX Member

Alerotgp is on a distinguished road
Ecotech to 3400 swap

Ok, so I have an 02 alero 2.2 5speed that I swapped an 03 3400 into with a 5speed from a 91 z24 cavalier. I'm just about finished with the entire swap at this point. I just turned the key to make sure that the car would crank and I got nothing. I only replaced the pcm and engine wiring harness. I have read in a few posts about swapping from a 2.4 to 3400 that it might have been easier to swap the wiring for the whole car because of issues like this, headlights not working etc. the only issue I seem to be having is the no crank. I have also read that the bcm needs to be changed as well because the vins need to match. I did not change mine and the donor car is long gone. If this is my problem can my bcm be reprogrammed or do I need one from a same year 3400 car and would that need to be reprogrammed to match the vin? Could this whole problem be a pass lock issue? One other thing that I noticed is that there are no pins in the fuse block where the starter relay goes. The car ran without this with the 2.2, am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Alerotgp is offline   Reply With Quote