Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-13-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
msualero

so i figure living in a nice neighborhood my car would be fine...wrong damn near the whole apt complex got their car audio stolen last night...and they musta spent at least an hour workin on undoin my car...oh well AAA is coverin me up to 5k..but im still pissed....any ideas on a new set-up? i may get the old one again but i dunno
Old 05-13-2005, 03:40 PM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
How much money are you looking to spend?
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
cwm33

holy crap...the whole apartment complex? jeebus, it must be a crew doing it...one with a van

and the nice neighbourhoods are probably the best to rob, as they have the best stuff :P
Old 05-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
msualero

well the last system was alpine X-types and orion 2500d and 4004 amps and an alpine indash headunit etc...its insured up to 5000....not sure if i wanna spend that much again but we'll see yeah altogther i spent 5k on my system it was a custom install etc . yeah cops said it had to be a crew i wanna get my crew to find his crew ... :gun2:
Old 05-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
thieves heaven. i live in a residential (stepford style) caudasac. not much to worry about, w/ no subs i'm the second loudest car. there is one modder down the road w/ a pontiac sunfire. bah well... back on topic

i'd go with soundstream speakers, their subs are a little to expensive. unless you want to go all out. they do have one that peaks at 2400-2500 watts...
Old 05-13-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
msualero

yeah my X's peaked at 3000 a piece
Old 05-14-2005, 12:11 AM   #7
cwm33

go focal, awsome SQ
Old 05-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #8
jiffy

That sucks dude.

On a side note, how does it work getting your stuff covered through AAA?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
dood that sucks!

I totally know how you feel. I had my stuff jacked just 2 months ago. the rebuild is fun though.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #10
knowfear

unless when the a-holes take it they screw up your dash like they did on my old car when it got jacked
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #11
msualero

i paid extra for car audio coverage.....and they are now roosterin me around....how many people need to see my torn up car? 3 diff adjusters, the cops and their mothers apparently....i just want the money so i can do exterior and performance mods....and just put a more reasonable system in...dont think i can handle havin all that jacked from me again...but part of me says build bigger and get a better alarm...a CA-645..which i already have didnt have time to install it yet
Old 05-15-2005, 10:28 PM   #12
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Sorry about your luck. I had my car broke into once. Luckily, I didn't have a system in it at the time. I have always had extra insurance to cover my laptop, digital camera, and auidio equipment. It averages to about 100 extra a year, but I feel better about it. Let us know how the details go. One thing I have come to realize is that the best price on insurance means nothing if they refuse to back it up. I hate to think that if I ever had to use it, I would get screwed from missing the fine details of the policy. Currently, I have all reciepts for my products and pictures of them in the car. Anything else you can suggest?
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:00 AM   #13
msualero

yeah i got reciepts no pics cuz i hadnt had time
Old 05-19-2005, 03:35 AM   #14
msualero

looks like they are gonna replace everything instead of write a check...problem is i doubt they'll redo my install the way i had it.....they may let me downgrade my system and throw rims on my car through CIS...i'll keep ya posted...dealin with the insurance company is a bitch
Old 05-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #15
mikegett
GL Member

Deffinately keep us posted. I have been very curious as to what sort of loop holes they may throw at you. Best of luck. They can be a serious pain to deal with.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #16
dark_n_evil

i can get you a nice system for a great price if you are interested.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:17 AM   #17
msualero

AAA sux they are only gonna replace everything and wont let me change my setup even tho it would cost the same or less than what i have now...so same system will be back in by next week most likely and yeah dealin with the insurance company really sucks....to be honest the worst part of it all is dealin with them cuz they take 2 weeks to tell u what they already knew and are just stallin on replacin my stuff :gun2:
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #18
msualero

good news CIS is lettin me change around my audio..cant do rims and tires but we are workin on the ultimate set up....possibly two PPI dcx-1500.1 amps running to 2 orion H2 subs....or the orion 2500d running to the H2's any ideas on anything louder...hit me up...btw gettin the new iva-310 headunit too
Old 05-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #19
mikegett
GL Member

You won't be dissapointed with the PPI. They make some great amps. I haven't heard the Orions but they look mean. Did you have to keep pushing the change or did they just succomb to your charm? Give us any tips you may have on dealing with the enemy.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:37 PM   #20
msualero

lol honestly i was just really frustrated and started laying into them...i was like look i live in a college town not too far from lansing if u put the same stuff back in it will be gone in a week....exaggerated cuz i have a good alarm now lol but just made them feel like poop basically....guilt tripped the younger guy who had similar luck in the past and he convinced the adjuster to let him design me a bad ass system within the budget lol....its been like 2 weeks and still goin through the motions...we'll see how it all ends...yeah the orions kick ass