Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Ak Racing"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Ak Racing")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Packaging- Small box, 12x9 maybe. Strong Packaging

Instructions- 3 Page detailed instructions with pictures.

Kit itself was very depressing I was expecting new clear needles. But i guess we can remove the color on ours. This kit came with 8 VERY thin wires and 4 small blue light rings and a 1 small light brightness adjuster. I'll take pictures of the kit by itself later this week and pictures after the installation. The picture from APoC looks good so i'm thinking this one will too.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Big Poppa Naich"

i have the same thing, and they are more purple than blue if you leave the needles white. They are a PITA to install unless you are also doing halos or wfg overlays.[/quote]
Old 11-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #2
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
ditto on the PITA, I just did fiesty alero girls and that black cover sucks to take off

but they do give more of a blue glow off than purple, its just my camera in that pic didnt take good colo pics
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 05:03 PM   #3
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"
Store/Site purchased: Importintelligence.com
Cost/Shipping: ~$80 shipped
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Email with store owner was fine, he replied quickly. Delivered quickly.

Initial product impressions, quality: Very simple, has a brightness dial controller, a long coated wire, which gives way to smaller uncoated wires. The ends of the wires have little sticky carbon fiber circles, with micro-LEDs on them. The large needles get 3 micro LEDs, and the small needles get 1 micro LED. Seems like they make a fortune on these things.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: very minimal.... you kind of have to figure it out as you go.
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: PITA. This was probably the most annoying mod I ever did. It takes a lot of patience. You have to take appart the guage cluster, and peel off the black guage plastic overlay. Then, you glue down the wires to the clear plastic backing, making sure not to route the wires where the light will shine through the guages. Then, you have to make sure the wires don't touch each other, otherwise some LED's will be brighter than the others.
If not self installed, cost of installation: self installed, took about 1.5 hours.

Performance, appearance opinions: Looks pretty good
Any other thoughts about the product: It is expensive and a pain in the ass. I'm sure you could make this from radio shack parts for like $5. Okay, maybe more likee $10. But, they do give your guages an interesting look. They look killer with halo guages, I always get compliments on them.