Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Wildman"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Wildman")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>STORE: American Performance of Colorado
COST: Price with my choice of the K&N filter was just under $200 including shipping
SERVICE: Long Backorder, but any questions I had were answered completely

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS: Thin, lightweight but strong tubing, all parts protected in bubble wrap
INSTRUCTIONS: Step by step install with pictures.
INSTALL NOTES: Easy to install, me and my brother had the job completed in about 20mins. A beginner with basic skill might take around 45mins.

PRODUCT REVIEW: Went on a road trip literally immediately after the installation, so I really got to test it out. When the throttle is wide open, the engine roars out and makes a very powerful sound. But when doing normal driving around, it stays very close to stock noise level. Gave the engine some better pickup across the rev band. Highway is equally good and at some points, the car seemed to just coast even when I would take my foot off the gas completely at times. Don't know about an improved gas milage number because I have not gone through a tank of gas yet, but I would imagine it will squeak a little more gas out of each tank since it's running better (provided I can keep my foot off the floor -- it's just too much fun now) OVERALL, I say it's a nice addition in the performance line.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Big Poppa Naich")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i love mine![/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("2ndAlero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Mine was delivered on Saturday.. but I was gone this weekend and didn't get home before the post office closes until yesterday.

I can't wait to get mine installed... a long wait, yes.. and I was certainly the most vocal about it... but John let us know what was up, and in the end I have a CAI now.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Aleromi99")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Got mine awhile ago and over this summer ....

And to tell U I LOVE THIS CAI.....

GLAD SPRINGS made this for our V6's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("roof")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Great Mod!
It was worth the money.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"steve_m"
@
<!--QuoteBegin-"alerov6"

I know this is my 2nd time asking this question but I lost the other topic about the CAI. But I would just like to know if u need a bypass valve for it I live in FL so it gets pretty hot down here.[/quote]

I would say no you don't. My CAI sits a bit lower (I think) than the APofC one (just behind the washer bottle in the front) and I live in snowy Calgary. I have already been through many a rainstorm and many a snowstorm with mine and no problem. Except for that one time I went through a huge puddle -- I have never taken on water.
[/quote]