Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "442alero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I had Intrax installed on my car in May 2002. And they did lower the Alero at least 1.5 inch. Compared to Eibach they are not as ridged or stiff but still a lot better than stock as I smoked 2 Hondas with coilovers that cost 3 times as much.

Quality Superior no pits rough surface nice smooth purple laqure surface
Price $189 US at Summit Racing
Installation was done at Monroe since I bought Sensetrac Struts

Overall impression so far Good as I eleminated wallowing and lack of holding power in turns. Get new quality struts as originals will bottom out on rough RR crossings and pot holes. Not good seeing Struts poking out of hood.

If you have questions,Comments,or feed back please post.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "442alero"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>http://www.n-body.net/registry/1841 Hope this helps the mesurements I have yet to do but will get to it. The wheels are Eniki RS6's and the Tires are Yokohama AVS sports 225/45 17"[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Well I'm back. Next time leave things alone. But the Intrax I got at Summit Racing in Tallmadge Ohio Intrax web I think is www.intraxsuspension.com Phone# (949)252-0800 Total for springs with Ohio tax $200.88 could be more or less with PA. Hope this helps[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("double0alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Unc, did you say you had to buy new struts to go along with these too? and what was the lowering distance that you went. You told me this, but then we got wasted, so i forget everything..call me an idiot. There's a distributor in Pa too, i just found. And the reinforcement bars, will i ned those also or did you just get them for poops and giggles?[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It's just a good idea as the originals might bottom out. Its not good seeing
Struts poking out of the hood and trunk by hitting a deep hole. Unless you want the best Koni's. only two types are out the KYB's are good as I tested a Cavilier with the GR2's with Eibach's but the only reason I got the Monroes was the rear KYB was not out and they come with a lifetime warr.
They wearout just drive on in and a new set is put on as long as I own the vehicle an don't trade it. Thats probably the best thing about the Monroe Sensetrac's. The lowering of the intrax was 1.7 inch or 1 and 3/4 inch But the car was dropped nonthe less.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Aleromi99")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hey 442 ur my twin LOL .......( same color)

Um From ur N-body pic it looks like ur about the same as i am.....
I'm using eibach with KYB's up front ( soon to get the rear KYB's)

? How much lower r u from stock??

I found that i'm 1.5 in the front and 1.2 in the back[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("442alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Intrax claims 1.7 inch drop front and around 1.5 in back But it looks more like your drop 1.5 in front and the 1.2 in back IMO. Look all you want. :wink:

http://www.aleromod.net/gallery/442alero[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Molson")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>(Adding my review here)

Store/Site purchased: Originally Summit. 2nd Set, locally.
Cost/Shipping: About 315.00 CDN
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Great Service!
Initial product impressions, quality: Nicely packaged, purple, bagged.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None included. Sheet that said. "Get an alignment after"
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Easy, mark the holes, drill the holes, screw it in.
If not self installed, cost of installation: Self. Once I had the right springs, brought em to buddy at a shop who has a strut tamer, less then an hour putting them back in the car.
Performance, appearance opinions: Looks great,Nice ride, not too stiff, sure feel it on larger and pronounced bumps. Corners GREAT!
Any other thoughts about the product: Recommend it to anyone!
_________________[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("mfuller")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Adding my review:

Store/Site purchased: Contemporary Motorsports in Calgary (internet order).
Cost/Shipping: $189US for the springs, $35US to ship (ouch on the shipping).
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Adequate, but it'd be nice if I had gotten an e-mail confirmation and a tracking number when they shipped.
Initial product impressions, quality: Adequately packaged (no seperators in box to keep springs apart), purple, bagged.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None included.
Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Probably easy, but I'm lazy. See below.
If not self installed, cost of installation: $185US for installation (with new KYB struts) and a 4-wheel alignment.
Performance, appearance opinions: Nice comfortable ride, not at all stiff. Wish the front was about 7mm (.25") lower (although they may settle that much). Cornering ability not yet tested, but I think I'll need my larger RAT rear swaybar again.
Any other thoughts about the product: A good choice if you want the lowered look but aren't willing to sacrifice ride comfort.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("mfuller")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Just as a quick side note, maybe it's just my car, but these springs don't drop the car nearly as much as they advertise. I only saw lowering of 1.25" in front and 1" in the back.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"3.4Alero"
@
That's what people have been saying lately. They don't seem to lower any more than the Eibachs, but they have better ride quality than the Eibachs (i.e. softer, not as performance oriented).[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"SweetAlero99"

u gotta give the springs time to settle............. when i did voodoo's car it didnt drop much. but about 2 months after that bitch was slammed.[/quote]