Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "Grouch"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>3rd Brake Light Overlay

Store/Site purchased: http://www.grafxwerks.com/index.php

Cost/Shipping: $17 (white Alero overlay) / included in cost

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: no problems and overlays arrived quickly.

Initial product impressions, quality: overlays are thick, nice looking and well cut.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: very good. Describes how to get light out, sanding small letters & numbers off of lens for a smoother look.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: very easy. The cut of the overlays is perfect and installing one over the other is simple.

Performance, appearance opinions: Looks sharp after debadging the Oldsmobile and Alero badges off of trunklid. No bleed through of light through the overlay at night time. Doesn't peel off under the force of a pressure washer. Though I would not shoot the washer directly at the overlay.

Any other thoughts about the product: I think Ryan finally put an explanation on his site why the colored overlays cost more. For the addtional $7 you actually get TWO overlays. A black one and the one of your color choice. You install the black overlay first then the colored one. Black is completely opaque and will not allow any light to bleed through. Very nice product![/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "BadAssGrandAm99"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("BadAssGrandAm99")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>...i must second how wonderful this product is... it's a cool little mod to do to your car and it will get people's attention...[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("alero9045")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I was wondering how much sanding was in volved and coulc i mess any thing up if im an idot hehe :roll:
thx

i have a black alero what colors do they come in ? what would look good. Black i guess ??[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Grouch")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Very little sanding invovled and you don't really need to if you don't want to. The only thing you are sanding is the small DOT info and other info on the lens. The instructs clearly describe how to go about this and types of sandpaper to use.

Very hard to mess anything up with this overlay. They come in all the Alero factory colors, maybe more? Check their website.[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Qcksilver")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have this aswell and i am happy with it also. good product.[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"duesergirl"
@
I got one of those and the door handle overlays. I really like them! And they were really easy. I'll get pics up in the showcase area soon. Definately something I would recommend! Even my mom really liked them cause of how they set my car off from all the others! [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"STROOPDAWG112"

I purchased both the 3rd lite overlay and gray reflective door handle overlays and like them both. They look sharp and like it has been said before, it's a small mod that gets some looks. Several people have mentioned things to me about them around here (boston, ma) about how they liked them. Also there are a lot of Aleros here so it helps you to stand out![/quote]