Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
crazyalero
GX Member

crazyalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crazyalero
tq converter

i think my tq converter is going out.do you guys think i should put another stock one in or should i get a high stall converter???
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
why do u feel the torque converter is going out? Because I think I need 2 change mine too. When iam at a complete stop the car shakes a little, but when i put it in neutral it stops. I think its the converter, Im not sure.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
bratch15
GL Member

bratch15 is on a distinguished road
My car does it also but I don't think its the TC. My car had 25000 miles on it when it was doing it, and I highly doubt the TC would be going out with that little mileage. I am actually going to have it looked at next week since i spent 2000 on a damn waranty, so I will keep you posted.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2538269
bratch15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratch15 View Post
My car does it also but I don't think its the TC. My car had 25000 miles on it when it was doing it, and I highly doubt the TC would be going out with that little mileage. I am actually going to have it looked at next week since i spent 2000 on a damn waranty, so I will keep you posted.

thankz please let me know as soon as u get it fixed or find out whats the issue to be addresed.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
bratch15
GL Member

bratch15 is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I'm not saying your issue isnt the TC, and I'm not sure if they use the same torque converters for both 4 bangers and V6.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2538269
bratch15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #6
crazyalero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
why do u feel the torque converter is going out? Because I think I need 2 change mine too. When iam at a complete stop the car shakes a little, but when i put it in neutral it stops. I think its the converter, Im not sure.

when i come to a stop my car jumps down to about 500rpms.when i put it in neutral it doesnt. when the car shifts in to second i let of a lil and give it some more when it shifts and i can feal it not grabing and the rpms going to like 3500 and im going no weres.is the tq converter loos oc the inside were it hooks up to the tranny???when i put the motor back in it didnt prime.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
I'm having a similar issue as well. One thing I'm finding is sometimes when I'm accelerating it sticks at some RPM value, keeps the engine revved there, and then shifts and decreases. Then other times it goes "hey time to shift" and then bam shifts without sticking at those RPMS and just drops it.

Also a few days ago I was going 120 and the engine kept going between 2100 and 2500 rpm, but wouldn't lock at 2100 like it's supposed to.
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #8
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichrysler View Post
I'm having a similar issue as well. One thing I'm finding is sometimes when I'm accelerating it sticks at some RPM value, keeps the engine revved there, and then shifts and decreases. Then other times it goes "hey time to shift" and then bam shifts without sticking at those RPMS and just drops it.

Also a few days ago I was going 120 and the engine kept going between 2100 and 2500 rpm, but wouldn't lock at 2100 like it's supposed to.

That happens to me sometimes too. Just set the cruise for a sec or two and you will watch it lock up. Then you can cancel the cruise and it will stay locked up. I have noticed I have a harder time getting it to lock up on the highway when I have more weight (1 or more passengers excluding myself) Also, you will notice that if you use the cruise more often, that it will stay locked a lot more, even when pulling small grades on the highway. Another reason that cruise saves on gas.

EDIT: On a side note, I have DHP, so I don't know if this will behave the same on a stock computer.

Last edited by Wildman : 04-26-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
Frostbite545
GL Member

Frostbite545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
EDIT: On a side note, I have DHP, so I don't know if this will behave the same on a stock computer.

I think the DHP makes the car more likely to downshift and access a little more power. I tested it out and im pretty sure the amount i have to put my foot down now after the mod to get it to downshift is a good bit less than before. It also makes it hard on the highway if youre trying to get it to stay in 4th around 70mph sometimes.
- General Exclaim UHP Tires
- 2 1/2" Pacesetter Exhaust
- S&S Headers
Frostbite545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
crazyalero
GX Member

i had trouble going up a little hill on the effing highway doing about 70 mph and it came down to like 60.not to long ago i had trouble keeping it under 70