-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
alerored04's wheels would of looked sooo much better
Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Picking them up tomorrow, having them mounted/balanced Tuesday. I actually like FF7s better than the Ikaris.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #23
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those look great Ion. Happy you found something for a deal. I am glad I kept mine now, they are pretty.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #24
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
And BFGoodrich G-Force KDW tires with nearly full tread! Drag radials! In the exact size I need to make the stock diameter!
KDW's are nothing close to drag radials. Better than the stock tires on an Alero, yes, but not as sticky as a drag radial or even an extreme performance summer tire, like a Dunlop Z1 Star Spec, Falken RT-615, Bridgestone RE-01R, etc. They'll work good for you though and the rims will look real good on the car, especially when it's lowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
I used to rum KDWs and they are wicked tires for dry and wet, i am now running KDs which are wicked tires for the dry but not so wicked for the wet.
The KD's are actually pretty dated, and there's better tires out there that may be cheaper in the same size (see above mentioned tires).
Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
KDW's are nothing close to drag radials.
We established that, lol. Can't edit the title..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
The KD's are actually pretty dated, and there's better tires out there that may be cheaper in the same size (see above mentioned tires).

Not for $450 wheels and tires... I needed new tires anyway, got all-season Hankooks that are at least 3 years old (same ones on the car as when I bought it) with less than 1/8" of tread left, and are looking kind of ragged. So to explain to the parents as to why I blew money on the car when I should be saving >_> pfft, I needed new tires and this was cheaper than tires alone! (At least the tires I wanted to get)
Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #26
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
ion ur car would look BADASS lowered with those rims, changes the whole look of the car it flows so nicely
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #27
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
those are the tires i have on my car, im not sure the profile on your tire but mine make a lot of noise when im cruisng, might be because they are rubberband thin though

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yep everyone who has these tires tells me they're noisy... I don't think I've ever heard a noisy tire.. I'll find out later tonight.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #29
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yep everyone who has these tires tells me they're noisy... I don't think I've ever heard a noisy tire.. I'll find out later tonight.
I know the first-generation KDW's were quite noisy, but I haven't heard these....supposed to be better.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #30
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
take lots of pics b4 it gets dark!
i want to see the rims in the right color on ur car!
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #31
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
So Ion. Think you're done now?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

Uh, no? Click my signature. Engine gets dropped off Thursday for assembly. Then installation, LSJ injectors go in at the same time, changing injector constant. Breaking it in, installing a Snow Performance meth injection system, tuning, going to the track.

Then the rest of the stuff that's on my To-Do list.

Well I leave around 3:30, hour and a half drive to way out in the boonies, farmland this guy lives on. Then 1.5 hrs back, having Belle Tire mount the tires to the rims, balance, and put em on.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #33
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
So Ion. Think you're done now?

lol hell no he isnt done

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #34
[ion] C2
636 whp

Wow, they are loud, lol. It has a low cam-like rumble though at low speeds, makes my car sound badass when driving slow. LOL.

It wouldn't clear the side skirts on this type of lift, so they moved it to one that lifted from closer to the center of the car underneath.

Wheels and tires OMG.

Filling up with air.

Balancing.

Sexy.

Something's missing.

There it is.

Gotta make sure they spin according to the tread.

It was raining, dark, dirty, and using a camera phone.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #35
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
wow ion, i like em, im gonna come and steal em during the night(rofl CINDER BLOKS!) but in all seriousness i realy like them
Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 PM   #36
Midgear
on vacation

holy hotdogs batman.. get better pics asap..

looks SWEET

Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #37
[ion] C2
636 whp

Tomorrow I'll get some decent non-dark/rainy/dirty/phone pictures.

Also, these tires handle GREAT in wet weather. Stiff as hell, super sticky. Err..
Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #38
Midgear
on vacation

is your car even lowered? O_o

Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

No, I did everything backwards: kit, rims, then lower. The technique of modding a car is the exact opposite. Lol.

Sprint springs are sitting in my cubicle at work for the past 2 months. Don't care to spend the money (or time/frustration on my own) to install them. Also 3" lower will suck for potholes and snow/ice.. It's already a snowplow in the winter.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #40
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
looks goooooood!