Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Trans Line Fitting LEAK

SOLVED
old stuff below

------------

Why the eff can't I get this effing flare to seal?!

The top trans line fitting that goes into the radiator. It leaks between the flare causing it to spill out through the threads and between the fitting and the tube. I keep removing and reinstalling it and it just drips out fluid no matter what.

This is what we supposedly fixed when I did the first drive. All he did was remove and reseat the tube and tightened the fitting. Apparently that didn't work longer than 5 minutes. I tried to re-seat it 3 times in the Meijer parking lot after buying food and no matter what it keeps leaking. I had to hope I would make it back to the apartment before too much fluid leaked out. Is there supposed to be a washer or something or is it just flare to flare?

eff

Maybe have to use an aftermarket cooler or something but I shouldn't effing have to on a brand new radiator and brand new ACDelco trans lines!

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
well if there are threads involved, try some teflon tape. might fix the leaking there.

could you get a picture? i might be able to help.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
yeah. you obviously dont have oem equipment. should be just the "quick connects" maybe your missing an o-ring or something.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I bought OEM equipment. My OEM one was threaded fittings.... this is identical...

I'm talking the trans line AT the radiator. But I might have fixed it. After trying 3 times in the Meijer lot I did a last ditch effort, and just drove off without checking if it leaked. When I got back to my apartment, there was no visible leakage. I started the car up... and.. no leakage. Hm.

SOLVED

But if it does leak again, I need a countermeasure. Probably a flare seat gasket.

Video update:
Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
weird. now iv got to go look at mine because i could have sworn they were quick connects.

edit. jsut went out and looked and they are threaded :/ could have sworn they were quick connects on the malibu i did a rad on.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
man that pipe is CLOSE to that pulley lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

hence the cable ties keeping it away, lol. when i first turbo'd, the belt cut right through my first 90 degree silicone bend

my friend's going to change my trans fluid and filter tomorrow at his shop that has an open floor. i'm also going to custom make an aluminum gasket to seal my downpipe so it doesn't make my car loud/vibratey

yay
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
hence the cable ties keeping it away, lol. when i first turbo'd, the belt cut right through my first 90 degree silicone bend

my friend's going to change my trans fluid and filter tomorrow at his shop that has an open floor. i'm also going to custom make an aluminum gasket to seal my downpipe so it doesn't make my car loud/vibratey

yay

dang thats crazy lol, and awesome, making a custom gasket isnt to hard. lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

It is when it has to be perfectly round to not interfere with the v-band. Anyways I bought a 3" gasket and cut the excess off to make a nice round edge that fit inside the clamp. Got rid of that exhaust leak and the majority of vibration. It's still droney though because of the rear muffler that is mostly duct tape right now. So I need to change that ASAP.

First things first since I have little extra money these next 2 weeks, I'm just going to have Midas replace my flexpipe and exhaust cutout with a nice new piece of pipe to eliminate leakage there, and put an exhaust hanger in right behind my v-band connection to get rid of all this exhaust weight hanging off my turbo manifold and head...

also, trans line still doesn't leak, must be good to go. yayyy

wish i could give the car more throttle.. i just dip into 1-2 psi and let off.. i'm like right on the edge of spooling up quick and just taking off like crazy but i know i can't do that til it's broken in lol
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
turboalero
GX Member

turboalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
weird. now iv got to go look at mine because i could have sworn they were quick connects.

edit. jsut went out and looked and they are threaded :/ could have sworn they were quick connects on the malibu i did a rad on.

If you have an 01 there quick connects
turboalero is offline   Reply With Quote