Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #21
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
weird lol, in the various tables of HPTuners I think it's like 180-220 is the ideal operating temp for optimal performance
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
i can't wait until i finally have time to meet up with you and see your car and check out that HP Tuners of yours.

also, when you were at that BBQ (the one where that guy took ur car's action pictures) about a month ago, u rememeber seeing an enormous, white 1980's buick?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
lol nope, was there a white 1980s buick at the BBQ?

and ya dood lemme know, i work tues/thurs/fri and get out at 430 and i'm like 10 mins from you there
Old 10-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
you guys also don't have a HEATON supercharger.......they suck at producing heat, and make temps go way up, that is why i had an intercooler and always some kind of hood scoop..........ion you really need to look for an aftermarket hood or scoops, just something to let some heat out........

you don't realize how much of a difference it makes until you do, and i will never run boost again without it.......
Old 10-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

I just ordered some meth.. I've considered doing a custom Supra "heat-extractor" style hood but meh..

Picture on Supra:
http://turboimport.com/images/media/...red_rhee_1.jpg

(too big to post in thread)
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #26
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post

omg i run at like 150.... im almost at the "c" lol
might wanna check that out, normal is about one needle with above the half mark. your engine must never warm up in the winter if that what is does in the summer
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

and about HEATON superchargers, my IATs go up 40 degrees with 6 seconds of WOT, LOL.

Meth is much needed.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #28
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
and about HEATON superchargers, my IATs go up 40 degrees with 6 seconds of WOT, LOL.

You got tranny & earl coolers already? 160 degree stat?
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #29
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
screw meth, you need permanent intercoolering, i could help you piece one together for probably 500-700 or less.......
Old 10-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #30
kwhauck
2Screwy

oh and i like that hood, always have, i am still deciding, i have a cowl CF, but i also still have the OEM cf that i have been toying around with still for a 2000 cobra r scoop.......
Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #31
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
lol nope, was there a white 1980s buick at the BBQ?

and ya dood lemme know, i work tues/thurs/fri and get out at 430 and i'm like 10 mins from you there

yeah, a few of my friends were at the BBQ and checked out your car

i'm busy for this week but possibly the following week?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #32
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
might wanna check that out, normal is about one needle with above the half mark. your engine must never warm up in the winter if that what is does in the summer

yeah, ur rite. i never get warm in the winter.....maybe my t-stat is stuck open?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #33
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
looks like shit.

lol
Old 10-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #34
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusWill View Post
You got tranny & earl coolers already? 160 degree stat?

that's got nothing to do with IATs; my trans temps are excellent, my coolant temps always stay within safe limits. all stock stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
yeah, a few of my friends were at the BBQ and checked out your car
I dunno how, I parked pretty much away from everyone else and it was pouring down rain so everyone stood around in the pavilion or watched cars fail at "drifting."
Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #35
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Looks good, just needs a suspension alteration BAD. Get the GA mirrors too.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #36
Justin081
V.I.P. Member

Justin081 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justin081
looks awesome!!! i wish my Alero looked that good ...

Justin081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #37
Mori01
GX Member

Mori01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good lord chris, I love your car dude..im sure its been answered before, but what kit you got on it? is it the AAS?
Mori01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Oldsmo...lero/2000/5012

Click my sig or that link for all current mods, ones being installed, and future.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #39
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
that thing hammered could probably land a magazine shoot, but monster truck suspension is what you like :P
Old 10-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

i may go have eibach's put on... i fear for the winter though.. trudging through deep, hardened snow and ice pushing against the front of the kit and pulling off the rear isn't that great

it'll definitely be lowered before ASS, then i'd have time to get a deep snow car before next winter