Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Newlin
GX Member

Newlin is on a distinguished road
Which Motor Mount Should I Get?

I have had rough idling issues that I have tried to track down - I checked for vacuum leaks and inspected the motor mounts but all seemed well. Anyway I took it to my mechanic today and he was fairly adamant it was a motor mount.

The stock replacement runs about $70 but I found this one for $100 http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...idproduct=5328 and was curious if there are any others out there, otherwise I will go with this one.

And yes I know there are two other mounts but I am going to replace this one first and go from there.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Just buy a motor mount from milzy motor sports. All motor mounts for the 2.2, 2.4 and 3.4 are the same. Plus i think milzys is the same price or a bit cheaper.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Newlin
GX Member

http://www.milzymotorsports.com/mms-...-engine-mount/

Just to be sure that is the one we are talking about?

I wasn't sure if the mounting hardware was the same for the 3400 and the ecotec and it doesn't specify on the page but if you are sure they are the same I will go ahead and get Milzy's.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
this is the correct mount... if you are unsure, check the picture vs your actual mount... should be the same... I can vouch that this works on both the la1 and the ld9... I have 1 in each of my cars well worth the $99

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yup. 100% all same motor mount.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
This one

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

Good call, might as well.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #8
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
The Ecotec mount is not the same as the 2.4 and 3400. The TTR one is the one that works. I used it in mine.

For reference, the stock one looks like this....
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ this was my thought as well but didn't know for sure ... i can only vouch for the other 2 motors that they're the same!!

Do you have a link and price of the mount you suggested?

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Newlin
GX Member

It does appear that they are a bit different. This is the link for the stock replacement I was after.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking at Rock Auto and a few other places it does appear they are different. I was hoping for a nice aftermaket one, oh well.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
I don't get it...you provided a link to the 2.2 poly mount from turbo tech in your first post. Isn't that a 'nice aftermarket one' you're looking for? Are they sold out?

The 3.4 upper mount is different. The TTR one is for the 2.2 and was developed for a group buy on this forum.

I'd also suggest inspecting the other two mounts on the trans if you think that's the couse of the rough idle. I think TTR also has a poly mount for those for the automatic trans but for the cavalier, not sure if they're the same on the n-body. Stock replacements would be fine for these too.

Last edited by <woj99> : 10-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by <woj99> View Post
I don't get it...you provided a link to the 2.2 poly mount from turbo tech in your first post. Isn't that a 'nice aftermarket one' you're looking for? Are they sold out?

The 3.4 upper mount is different. The TTR one is for the 2.2 and was developed for a group buy on this forum.

I'd also suggest inspecting the other two mounts on the trans if you think that's the couse of the rough idle. I think TTR also has a poly mount for those for the automatic trans but for the cavalier, not sure if they're the same on the n-body. Stock replacements would be fine for these too.

I just checked with stock part lookup and the transmission mounts are not the same
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:

3.4 and 2.4 are the same engine mount on pass side of motor.

apparently (which i didnt know, nor never looked) the 2.2 motors have a slightly different passanger side motor mount.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
Newlin
GX Member

It is in stock as far as I can tell but after shipping it is close to $120. I found a stock replacement for $68 shipped and I didn't want to pass that up.

I will be looking at the transmission mounts next, just figured I'd replace the mount that was easiest to access first.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
you can fill the stock mounts with polyurethane and it will have a similar effect to the aftermarket mount
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #16
<woj99>
GX Member

<woj99> is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlin View Post
It is in stock as far as I can tell but after shipping it is close to $120. I found a stock replacement for $68 shipped and I didn't want to pass that up.

I will be looking at the transmission mounts next, just figured I'd replace the mount that was easiest to access first.

Ah, I see. Yes, that's a good price for stock replacement. From what I've seen on Rock Auto the trans mounts aren't too expensive either.

And if the reason for getting new ones is to get smoother idle and less vibration, using poly mounts wouldn't help in that respect, they would increase the vibration at least by a bit.
<woj99> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Newlin
GX Member

Quote:
Ah, I see. Yes, that's a good price for stock replacement. From what I've seen on Rock Auto the trans mounts aren't too expensive either.

And if the reason for getting new ones is to get smoother idle and less vibration, using poly mounts wouldn't help in that respect, they would increase the vibration at least by a bit.

That was another reason I decided to get a stock mount. Now had it been a bit cheaper I wouldn't have minded as much.

The trans mounts look to be about 30 bucks a piece which isn't bad at all in comparison to the motor. It looks like there are two on the left and one towards the middle.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
they would increase the vibration at least by a bit.

Quite a bit....i have just the milzy tranny mount on there right now and i can feel quite a bit. When i had the tranny and motor mount on together you could REALLY feel everything. I didn't like it at first but i've grown to like it ONLY thing i don't like is when i turn the A/C on....too much vibration. It's def worth it though....shifts are a lot nice and it felt a little quicker when i put just the engine mount in.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Quite a bit....i have just the milzy tranny mount on there right now and i can feel quite a bit. When i had the tranny and motor mount on together you could REALLY feel everything. I didn't like it at first but i've grown to like it ONLY thing i don't like is when i turn the A/C on....too much vibration. It's def worth it though....shifts are a lot nice and it felt a little quicker when i put just the engine mount in.

I have milzys 6 speed mounts and motor mount. The car vibrates alot, especially if im in 5th at 30mph ( low rpm) its terrible! Whole inside makes tons of noises. But you get used to it, and keep it out of low rpm. Really anything under 1300 rpm the interior goes bazerk.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #20
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I had the TTR engine mount and trans mounts on mine. It vibrated plenty at idle and more with the A/C on, however off idle you'd almost never know since the Ecotec is balanced very well. It's amazing how it changed the way it shifted though.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote