Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #21
Alero04

yea he obviously is....thats why im single
but i cant afford the HID's as of right now....is there a specific line of the silver ones that will give me the look that the euro lights did?!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:06 PM   #22
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Go here to get teh silvania sylverstar's, and do me a favor and tell the people your hearing this crap from to learn some stuff about cars before they pass there useless knowledge off on others.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #23
Alero04

silvania sylverstar's are the best ones?! sorry for naggin guys but im right picky with stuff like that. i dont want crap...adn now that i found out that i HAD crap for almost a year...it makes me quite mad....so are thsoe ones the best>? other then the HID's of course
Old 02-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #24
Alero04

also...i really like how ur spedometor and crap are all in white...where can i get a kit of them? and remember....im canadian B)
Old 02-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #25
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah those Eurolights and bulbs on eBay usually have a 80 watt rating (100 watt for high beam) and all they do is cook the hardness. With an Alero, you have to replace the entire headlight which is about $300 for one from the dealer ($100 on eBay)

Stay with the stock wattage 55 watts for lowbeams and 65 watts for highbeams and you'll be good. I have the Silverstars too, for almost 2 years now, and they are fine. I also got the Silverstar turn signal bulbs. They look blue but light up orange, so they keep you nice and legal :thumbsup:

Also, don't go with those cheap hardness extensions that CLAIM to prevent frying your hardness from using high wattage bulbs. I don't see how they work.

Ask your friends that say Eurolights are the best, "How much Horsepower you get from them" If they say anything other than 0, don't listen to them

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #26
1WhiteOSV

LMAO...only a Ricer would say Sylvania Silverstar's suck. That's a gag! I can't stop laughing! You need to stop talkin to those dumbasses! Keep this in mind: A fart-can and a jumbo jet wing does NOT make your car faster so if any of them have either of those things on their cars, they don't know crap!

Definitly go w/ Sylvania Silverstars, hands down the best bulbs you can get w/o goin HID

P.S. I, personally, have melted a wire harness from 80w bulbs on my Alero <_<
Old 02-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #27
1WhiteOSV

BTW..I don't think I've seen you on the boards, welcome! If you have any audio questions, feel free to ask...I am a Best Buy car-audio Installer (MECP certified)..almost everyone on here has a great deal of knowledge of our cars so you shouldn't have any problem at all finding answers to any of your questions

-Adam-
Old 02-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
Alero04

Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Feb 10 2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah those Eurolights and bulbs on eBay usually have a 80 watt rating (100 watt for high beam) and all they do is cook the hardness. With an Alero, you have to replace the entire headlight which is about $300 for one from the dealer ($100 on eBay)

Stay with the stock wattage 55 watts for lowbeams and 65 watts for highbeams and you'll be good. I have the Silverstars too, for almost 2 years now, and they are fine. I also got the Silverstar turn signal bulbs. They look blue but light up orange, so they keep you nice and legal :thumbsup:

Also, don't go with those cheap hardness extensions that CLAIM to prevent frying your hardness from using high wattage bulbs. I don't see how they work.

Ask your friends that say Eurolights are the best, "How much Horsepower you get from them" If they say anything other than 0, don't listen to them
[quote]
so if my 'pigtail' as my retarded bf refered to it as...IS fried....i have to replace my entire headlight? or just PLEASE tell me that im reading that too quickly and am working too hard here at work so im reading things that arent even there?!?!?!

well i have eurolights for my blinker and its legal here so, all id have to do is jsut replace that light with the silver one...
im gonna have to ask u guys exactly what to get wehn i get paid next week for my lights....cuz i wanna make sure i get the right wattage AND the right look
Old 02-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #29
Alero04

Thanks 1whiteosv!! ill be hitting u up one mroe then one occasion im sure. ull be sick of me by the end of it all :P
im new to this whole car thing and trying to learn how to do it RIGHT....cuz clearly the morons that live in thsi city are just that....morons...(i always knew they were f***ing stupid...but i didnt think they were THAT dumb...cuz some of them do have nice cars...just not to my liking)
Old 02-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #30
1WhiteOSV

depends how "crafty" you are....I fried my harness...the dealership will tell you that you have to replace the WHOLE thing (about $200/light) but I just pulled mine apart and soldered on new wire and everything was fine. If it comes to that I, or someone, could post a how-to (if it isnt done already)
Old 02-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #31
Alero04

well, i havent taken the bulb out. cuz honestly, i didnt think anything of it. my ex assured me he was going to fix it and it'd be fine...lies lies lies lies. :P
so should i go home and take the bulb out?
and me fix something wire wise? i dunno man...imma girl who is JUST learning light info....i dunno if i could fix something on my own and have it function afterwards :P
Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #32
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Get the new bulb first then take the old one out

Be sure not to touch the glass on the bulbs. Natural oils on human skin will cause the bulb to fail quicker

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 02-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #33
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
what he said...and i sent a you a pm alero04 on where to get the different gauges. If you need anything else feel free to ask.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #34
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
usually by "fail quicker" you mean nearly explode! lol.

at work we were changing these bulbs for these really bright lights at a security post, well nobody told us to clean the bulbs after touching them.... turned them on and boom... boom boom... it was actually pretty sweet.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #35
Alero04

so, im to get the sylvania ones....do they have them for the blinker light too? cuz i hate that orange.....i have the euro's for my blinker now and i am NOT going back to the orange/...YUCK
Old 02-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #36
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
they have some that appear to be blue on the outside, but at night they actually light up LEGALLY with orange. you can get those but if you want to risk getting pulled over (probably not a problem since you have euros now) you could just keep the euros, they should be the same wattage as stock, and not cause any problems. i run the blue euros with no problem...

FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #37
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Yeah I got mine at a car store in Central New Jersey but I've seen them at Walmart too.

Quote:
usually by "fail quicker" you mean nearly explode! lol.

I didn't want to scare her

Here's a pic of Silerstar T/S bulbs

Ask anybody I love to post pics of my car

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #38
Redog
Aleromod part owner

another

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 02-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #39
Alero04

oki bc its nto illegal here to not have front yellow blinkers...gotta have the orange rear ones but its legal to have blue or white front ones.....so i can KEEP the euros for my blinkers?!?! they wont fry anything?
Old 02-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #40
Alero04

also....will they be the same color blue/white that the silver ones that imma put for my regular low beams?! or will the euro blinkers and the silver headlights...clash?!?! <_<