Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #21
OrangeALero

I did a little research on n-body.com, to find that a 95-98 cavalier strut bar fits. so i bought one on ebay for 7.99 plus shipping which was double the price of the actual product (kinda funny), and sure enough, it fit

spilner, i live in tonawanda, im pretty sure ive seen ur car b4
Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #22
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I did a little research on n-body.com, to find that a 95-98 cavalier strut bar fits.
Is there any difference in the STB's at all? like stiffness or anything? for 7.99 im gonna buy one.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:16 PM   #23
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Feb 15 2005, 03:43 PM
Quote:
I did a little research on n-body.com, to find that a 95-98 cavalier strut bar fits.
Is there any difference in the STB's at all? like stiffness or anything? for 7.99 im gonna buy one.
yeah same here, point me in the right direction plz

oh, and btw, i think the orange is gonna look sick if you keep up with it...maybe do the rest of the interior instead of just a few pieces, but yeah, definately likin' it...its good to see sum other crazy colors comin out :thumbsup:
Old 02-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #24
isellalerodrop

Nice ricer you got there, definitly the first mugen alero before :thumbsup:
Old 02-15-2005, 08:43 PM   #25
OrangeALero

ok guys ok i will take the Mugen sticker off when i get a chance, you are right we gotta keep the aleros rice free..point taken

i dont know about the stiffness question with the strut bar, i just know that it fits, and i havent had any problems with it, and i did notice a difference for sure, and it looks cool

i bought mine from ebay seller Sabersport, i think he has a shop in california so he might have more. the exact ebay listing was FRONT STRUT TOWER BAR CAVALIER SUNFIRE 95-01

here is the link to one on ebay from the same seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
Old 02-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #26
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome, thanks so much dude. Great work on the car man keep it comin, i love the orange take the other guys advice with the white it will look sick.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 AM   #27
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by OrangeALero@Feb 15 2005, 11:20 AM
I did a little research on n-body.com, to find that a 95-98 cavalier strut bar fits. so i bought one on ebay for 7.99 plus shipping which was double the price of the actual product (kinda funny), and sure enough, it fit

spilner, i live in tonawanda, im pretty sure ive seen ur car b4
damn i'll have to look into a cavalier strut bar...i wonder if the rear bar will fit too...

i live in cheektowaga, but i'm in tonawanda almost every day. i'm pretty sure i've seen your car around too.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #28
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by OrangeALero@Feb 15 2005, 12:41 AM
well measure twice and cut once cuz if ur payin 200+ dollars for an intake that you have to modify...the 3 inch pipe fits through the existing hole in the well from the original air box but u have to make it bigger to get the right angle for the pipe otherwise the filter and the pipe will hit your wiper fluid case...lol dont mess up

oh yea and you will also need aditional couplers because the accord only comes with two...i needed 3...the aleromod directions in the FAQ thing i think require four
the intakes I make don't require you to cut the fender at all b/c there is an extra coupler that will let you manipulate the angle in which the pipe goes down into the fender.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #29
OrangeALero

I would recommend buying them from Naich rather than making your own. By the time i buy a better filter than the one it came with i will probably have spent pretty close to what Naich's price is. His is definitely easier to install, its just that i have access to alot of power tools so i figured it would be a fun experience to do the transformation..but buy from Naich
Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #30
flalero

First off stick with white and orange, don't mix a third color in there. Second off, I don't understand why you spent $200+ on an intake that forced you to modify the fender when there are much cheaper options out there that require no modification to the car. Lastly, sure, Mugen makes parts for import cars, but they are a high quality product. There's no reason to say that the decal detracts from the look of the car. If I owned an import, Mugen would be one of my products of choice. After all, it just like TRD is to Toyota.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #31
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:
Originally posted by flalero@Feb 16 2005, 07:44 PM
First off stick with white and orange, don't mix a third color in there. Second off, I don't understand why you spent $200+ on an intake that forced you to modify the fender when there are much cheaper options out there that require no modification to the car. Lastly, sure, Mugen makes parts for import cars, but they are a high quality product. There's no reason to say that the decal detracts from the look of the car. If I owned an import, Mugen would be one of my products of choice. After all, it just like TRD is to Toyota.
yeah..... as is nismo to nissan. but he never said he spent 200 dollars on his CAI, its a honda accord intake.......so that means its cheaper because they are mass produced. you can get honda intakes ranging from 50-300$, thats why he said, byt the time he buys a better filter for the accord intake, he would of spent as much as it would be to buy a intake from naich.......so in other words thats like 100$
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 PM   #32
flalero

here's where he said how much he spent, and I qoute, "well measure twice and cut once cuz if ur payin 200+ dollars for an intake..." Oh, and if you think Mugen is even close to cheap, think again! :rolleyes:
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #33
OrangeALero

Ill have the final say, and it is as follows:

I said "measure twice cut once" in response to the kid that said he was going to buy a AEM v2 Accord intake for his alero because THOSE are 200. I bought my intake in ebay for fifty dollars, there would be no reason in my opinion to spend 200 on in intake that u have to mod when Naich sells really nice intakes for 115

hope that is clear thank you -alero- for trying to explain what i said/typed
Old 02-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #34
flalero

Okay, I admit I'm wrong now, but it did appear that you said you spent $200 for the intake and I just thought that would be crazy. Sorry. :thumbsup: