Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-09-2008, 03:43 AM   #41
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
whats with you guys ragging on me for disliking my problematic v6..... telling me im doucheing up a thread with my bullshit, when all i stated was that the K20 was making 9 less whp then a fairly well modified la1, and there is nothing sport tuned about the SI, when it just has a K20a3 that makes i believe 197 crank.........but oh look thats more than the 3.4 bone stock and its got 2 less cylinders and guess what its a honda, i dont understand why i am attacked time an time again when i simple point out that a four cylinder here and a four cylinder there is in fact superior to this ledgendary 3.4 liter beast, im not on this whole mental line anymore of trying to make run "fast", this motor is discontinued for a reason.......and the aftermarket is shrinking, facts are facts i dont know what you want me to say "i love LA1 and will devote my life to GM's best motor in the world"

jesus christ its like come on, you act like my life should exist revolving around 4 bangers......jesus, telling me im the one who is the bad guy when all i really do is compare a GM motor to a GM motor.....hell motors that came as a option in the cars we effing modify! the same mother effing cars we get pointed at and laughed at, im no different than a single person on this forum, i want to be just as god damn different as the next guy on here, i want to spend the best amount of money for the best outcome, then i gotta deal with you rooster heads attacking me and coming at me like im the damn enemy, when i never even threatened or jumped at anybody to begin with, and the next thing i know i got the newbies jumping on my back making it look like im a big bad wolf

by the way jackal no offense at all, you should be putting up much higher numbers headers alone with the right exhaust setup should be 27 whp right there, and you have head work and ported plenums, that should really be 10 right there, have you got a adjustable regulator?

Last edited by -Alero- : 06-09-2008 at 03:53 AM.
-Alero- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #42
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
no one ever said that the la1 was by any stretch a perfect mottor, but ur using a turbod 4 dynoing 9 whp less than a built 3400 as a means to justify the v6 being lesser than the 4 cylinder? im afraid i dont follow. and on top of that you start that whole arguement in the thread where someones posting their numbers. just not necissary.

Last edited by Bad99Olds : 06-09-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #43
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
no one ever said that the la1 was by any stretch a perfect mottor, but ur using a turbod 4 dynoing 9 whp less than a built 3400 as a means to justify the v6 being lesser than the 4 cylinder? im afraid i dont follow. and on top of that you start that whole arguement in the thread where someones posting their numbers. just not necissary.

bullshti man, is that civic SI turbo? you said the KA24 in the 240 was turbo, not the K20 civic.

sure no motor is perfect, and do you seriously in all honesty think i "started an arguement!?" bullshit man i effing roll my eyes when i see this shit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
A stock 3400 is probably about 150 WHP on a good day with an automatic.

saw a lowly 143 whp by i think kyle
Old 06-09-2008, 04:02 AM   #44
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

mk i misread the k20 for the k24. thats my error. and ill admit i may have misunderstood your comment, but it came off as just a provative comment that wasnt entirely necissary. and the civic si was designed to be sportier, the la1 was not designed with the same intent.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 AM   #45
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
mk i misread the k20 for the k24. thats my error. and ill admit i may have misunderstood your comment, but it came off as just a provative comment that wasnt entirely necissary. and the civic si was designed to be sportier, the la1 was not designed with the same intent.

right right, and actually the entire alero was never meant to be sporty or even fast, yes thats what makes it different indeed.

but the only point i have been trying to make that everyone jumps on my ass for is, out of the 3 alero optioned motors, the ecotec is in my opinion (obviously not others) is the best route to go for bang for your buck speed..........sure whether its the l61,ld9,la1, or even a ls1, its still an alero, a fast alero, and thats all i have been trying to say, for the past like 5 days comparing 10k in a 2.2 or 10k in a 3.4 the 2.2 will have the best result, no matter if its alero or not, follow your own route on which motor you mod, 90% of the damn people out there just look at acar, see if its fast, if it happens to be faster than thiers they look at the motor and if they dont know about it they dont care about it, now i do have the 3.4 and no im not going to get rid of it for a 2.2, unless i want to go fast, i just regret all the money i put in my 3.4 and wish i had put that money in a 2.2,now for some reason i have grown out of the "i want to go fast in my alero" state, thats probably why i sound like a ass, my fault, thats it thats all

Last edited by -Alero- : 06-09-2008 at 04:15 AM.
-Alero- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 AM   #46
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

reading it like that i utterly agree with you, the ecotec is probably the most easily modded powerplant, and best bang for your buck becuase of the aftermarket. personally i think i misunderstood your intentions, so sorry for calling you a douche. lol.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:22 AM   #47
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
reading it like that i utterly agree with you, the ecotec is probably the most easily modded powerplant, and best bang for your buck becuase of the aftermarket. personally i think i misunderstood your intentions, so sorry for calling you a douche. lol.

its ok, and i got mad respect for someone who can appologize, even im wrong alot of times even, its just im on your guys's side, im not the enemy no other alero owner on this site should be anyones enemy.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 AM   #48
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

haha refference cliffs earlier post, it appears we all CAN be friends. lol
Old 06-09-2008, 04:29 AM   #49
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
haha refference cliffs earlier post, it appears we all CAN be friends. lol

yeah Cliff is pretty much everyones friend............due to the whole..... XLR......
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #50
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
Meh, if I could go back, I would have gotten the 2.2... considering gas prices alone. Plus in the end, mine has already head the front head gasket replaces at 73000km (not miles). At least that was under warranty, but common, a head gasket that early on?
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #51
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I'd love to get Alero dynoed.

Probably won't happen until after ASS, but I might be able to get a hook up

I'll probably set it up for race. (CAI) but should I change the front wheels like I do to? It did run the 14.539 with the aftermarket wheels

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #52
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
whp is measured from a roll so it really doesnt matter.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #53
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
yeah Cliff is pretty much everyones friend............due to the whole..... XLR......

Bleh, It's just a cool looking underpowered 'vette.

Does that mean I won't be anyone's friend in October when it goes back?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:14 AM   #54
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
i just regret all the money i put in my 3.4 and wish i had put that money in a 2.2,now for some reason i have grown out of the "i want to go fast in my alero" state, thats probably why i sound like a ass, my fault, thats it thats all

Guess it's all in how you spend the 10k. I would have done some things differently if I knew then what I know now. I have about 8k in mine so far including the trans-swap, but I think for another 2k I can hit 11's in full street trim +slicks. My main mistake was underestimating fueling, and for a setup like mine, that's pretty much instant death.

11's in a street legal Alero is far more impressive sounding to me than 10's in a car as light as a civic, and I think the old cliche of "fast is fast, no matter how you do it" is a cop-out among racers. I'd be more impressed by a HP/weight ratio factor than just plain times.

But no doubt about it, the ecotec is pretty impressive when built, and it sure beats my 15mpg

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote