Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #61
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i used a coat hanger to fish the wires. it took a little bit of time, but it worked a HELL of alot easier then just doing it normally.

the xovers are under the back of the front seats. there is a little ridge of metal there, that i used some strong plastic velcro-like strips to hold them in place.

and what do you mean make the trim ring wider?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #62
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Pics...
The New wall...

Just TRY to find the remote wire...

The Tweeter Issue

Told you they were HUGE amps....

Speaker in the Door

Trunk View...

AANNDD i'm spent.

soo sore. but it sounds great, and when i turn it up... its loud as hell!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #63
cherrington17
Gone

the wires will be hid... just need some rest first...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:56 PM   #64
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Dont be scared to hack into them sails. Your blocking a lot of your tweeter and that imaging cant be good at all. It will make a giant difference

I was very hesitant to hack into mine, but I figure I can get a set at the yard for $25 if it ever comes down to needing bone stock.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #65
cherrington17
Gone

they sound pretty damn good for now.. and i'm way too sore/aggrivated with how long that took to hack into them now. maybe down the line.

and after setting it all up, my speakers now pop when my h.u turns off.... why is that? bad ground/power near RCAs??
Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #66
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I meant make it thicker so that the speaker is pulled alittle futher off of the glass, and you may be getting that pop because of the gain levels on the amp. If you can adjust the gain on the crossovers I would turn them all the way down and same for the amp. Then work my way up to a comfortable level with out the popping. If it isn't your gain settings then you will have to in stall a switch to turn them off before the HU
Old 04-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #67
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Hey please tell me you wrote the measurements down on that wall cause I want to do that.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #68
cherrington17
Gone

i believe it was about 37"x17" the hardest part was doing the two curves at the top.... but i just have 2 L brackets at the bottom and drilled two holes in the top (through the overlapping metal lip)
Old 04-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #69
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i believe it was about 37"x17" the hardest part was doing the two curves at the top.... but i just have 2 L brackets at the bottom and drilled two holes in the top (through the overlapping metal lip)
Oh ok so where you screwed it at the bottom you don't have to worry about the gas tank? It looks really good, where did you get the carpet from?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #70
cherrington17
Gone

the carpet is just cheap gray crap from a hardware store. and its identicle to the color of everything else. it was like $10 for 10 yards. its the same stuff i covered my box with. cheap carpet+spray adhesive+ a dozen staples.

i took a look under the car, and the gas take is mounted under the backseat. the screws are basically directly under the metal overlap, which is nowhere near that. i double, then triple checked before i drilled, but yeah, no problems there. I'm not sure about the sedans, but i'm in the clear for those. plus, i bolted that wall in place, then from the front, put 2 screws back through into the box. so if anyone tries stealing any of it, it won't budge at all....

there is a downside though(as i just found out today... how can i fold my seats down? doh! i usually pull the strap, then push from the back... and i realized as i did that, i was being dumb and pushing on the wall. my dumbass moment of the day. i got it, but i'll have to keep some bungies in my trunk now... until i can rig up some kind of pulley system, going to the backseat..
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #71
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Ha ha Ha I wish I seen you pushing on that wall LMAO! I guess I'll have to get my ass on the ground and see where the tank is for a sedan. I was thinking of that though you know having to put the seats down and it dawned on me that I have kids, and when I need to get them down I'll just call them out...LOL! You do have the wall now you could just remove the latch...I cant see those seat going anywhere....unless of course you were in an accident then it may not be as pleasant. I want to do this this weekend, and I hope I can by a 4X4 piece of MDF or Plywood from Lowes.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #72
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
That would be 37 1/2" X 18" Just cut it today now I got to find some damn carpet.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #73
cherrington17
Gone

i had a little room going around the outside to snake wires under.... but the carpet filled it in nice so it doesn't look bad at all.

and i got mine at Tru-Value. I'm not sure if you guys have those around there. but its the cheapest most generic carpet i found. which... ironically, matches the other stuff perfectly.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #74
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Well I had to go to a local radio shop here to get the carpet and it was like 8.00 for a square yard which was more then enough. I decided not to mount the amp to the board and only carpeted the trunk side of the board, so when looking in all you see are the subs. I also had enough room at the bottom to run my wires to the other side. To solve the back corner issue I just angle cut them and they fit perfect. All and all I really like the wall, and getting the seat down is no problem cause my arms are long. I'll throw up some pics one of these days.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #75
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
I cut mine on 45 degree angles. I also took the plastic shroud out and ground the back side so the board will fit.

I see most of you just pulled that off.

I got my board out now and can snap some pics of it later tonight or tomorrow.

But its time to go east some breakfast and play with my new toy!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #76
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

I took my shroud off awhile ago because I had to squeeze 3 amps and a cross over on the back of the seats but now the other 2 amps are gone and I just left it off. The only thing I had to angle were the corners that met up with the curved upper part in the trunk. I'll get some pics
Old 06-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #77
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

BTW ... the gas tank on the 4 door is in the exact same place as on the 2 door.
CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 AM   #78
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

BTW ... the gas tank on the 4 door is in the exact same place as on the 2 door.
Thanks charley now I can drill with out worry, cause I'm going to mount my cap in the gap between the seats and the wall.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #79
cherrington17
Gone

as i was driving the last night i had the stereo really low and noticed the speakers sounded a little odd. hmm... so i went through and played with the fade/balance. on the full front left, the back right speaker is on.

i, apparently, need to write down what colors i'm using for what wires, because simply plugging them into the HU, and not even an hour later plugging them in on the other end, is too much to remember. I'm retarded
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #80
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Better get those polarities right....Hey cherry are you using a stiffening Capacitor? I'm going to try and install mine this afternoon, and wondered if you had one with both of those amps you are running? Do your lights dim at all and do you ever pump your stero? If so do they dim then?