Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

View Poll Results: What color should I choose?
Current Manta Green Metallic 5 12.82%
Navy Blue Metallic 10 25.64%
Silver Metallic 7 17.95%
Darker Green Metallic 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
Vinman
GL Member

Vinman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vinman Send a message via Yahoo to Vinman
New color?

So I'm probably gonna take my car to a body shop soon to re-paint the whole car (and maybe get my trunk fixed, but i'll probably end up doing that myself...trunk looks like its open when its closed - the striker is almost completely rotted from where it was rivited on)..but I'm not sure if i should stick with the current color (manta green) or change it

I was thinking like a navy blue metallic, silver metallic, dark green metallic..or something else.

your thoughts?

Here's a pic

Keeping in mind that eventually I'm gonna get these wheels:

This is a the navy blue i'm thinking of:

And the dark green (I'm pretty sure this is the one that most of you are talking about):

Last edited by Vinman : 06-23-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Adding some color samples
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
poll over. 100% for darker green. (just because its really rare) and with some good color matching it'd look swweeett.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
2fast2furious01
GX Member

2fast2furious01 is on a distinguished road
yes sir. i agree 100 % with cherrington17 all the way. it will look really cool and it will match those wheels perfectly.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #4
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
i am kinda being unfair cause blue is my fav color but i think any dark color will look good with the black wheels as long as it isnt some funky color
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
Darker Green Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
I now know how to chronically please rectums
black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
I think dark colors do look nice, but it is really hard to keep them looking nice. Usually if you have a dark colored car, and you wash it at night, it will be dirty by the next day. I speak from experience with my delta. Imho, the silver would be nice and easier to keep clean.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

I vote for keeping it Manta Green Metallic since that is an unusual color that makes it "stand out" from the usual colors and is dark enough to work with the wheels.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I only voted for the darker green because I wish my car was black or flat black, but o well.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
trunk looks like its open when its closed - the striker is almost completely rotted from where it was rivited on

unfortunately i have the same issue. itll only get worse, and at some point it might just break loose, and your trunk will fly open while driving which is not kool. its a pain to do it yourself, especially one person, but good luck.

also i would stick with the current color. its fairly rare, its awesome, and you dont have to worry about repainting the door chanels, under the hood, etc.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #10
Vinman
GL Member

the only problem i see is that if i keep the current color (don't get me wrong I do like it) is that there is another car in town that looks exactly like mine only he's got pin stripes and factory fog lights.... I mean he had the same rust issue as mine, only his was drivers side, and he got his fixed the same time I did, I don't know, maybe there something else I can do with the existing color...and no I'm not gonna kit it
and with my trunk..I keep getting more and more people now asking if my trunk is open, and its not
Thanks for all the input...keep it coming...I'm still a bit undecided
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
keep the same colour, and add a silver metallic flake to it, ranther than just the metallic of the colour it self. this will bring out more sparkle and make it stand out from the other one the same colour as yours.

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #12
02AleroEco
GL Member

02AleroEco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 02AleroEco
You should go with the Color they used on the 02'. Tropic Teal.. it looks good
And from what ive heard, the 02' was the only year they used that color, so it would somewhat set apart from the rest
02AleroEco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
Vinman
GL Member

ok, so I think I'm leaning towards the dark green or the blue

out of the 5 cars i've owned (alero obviously included) they were either a form of "dark" green or white...an actual color wouldn't be bad, but i do like the stock color.....so blue may be more of an option..not to mention i've started making my interior lights blue