Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #21
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Well all ended up well. I went to the dealership, they checked my Vin and saw the calibration for my car with the right part number. Loaded it with the Tech2, then did a crankshaft relearning thing, or something like this. Took 20 min and the mech was a nice guy. I was with him all the time in the garage. They charged me nothing since I paid yesterday.

I guess all is good. I dont see any difference than with the MAP1 (from when I tested it because they told me it was ok) but now its the MAP2 in there and its running like a charm so I guess its done.

I did saw some black smoke coming out of my exhaust at ignition, but it went away fast. the mech told me its probly due to the fact some carbon deposit went thru the exhaust or maybe because fuel quantities were bad with the map1. I will cross my fingers on that.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #22
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Nice ... glad things finally got corrected for you.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #23
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
I had that kind of problem when I added a Filter. Black smoke on ignition, the car ran horrible.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #24
Vinalero
GLS member

Well, here are some feedbacks:

I made a new friend last week, his name is eaton M45, I have nothing modded right now in terms of TB, cams or exhaust, but I can say this gives the little punch the car didnt have before. The whine is so cool when opening it, and even the slight whisper you hear while driving normally is making me smile. I really love having the manual transmission with the car as I can keep from shifting while cruising just to hear it breathe.

The take overs are awesome now. 80-120 (km/h) in like 4 sec in third gear. Engine is also stronger at low rpm, getting up hills like it never did on the same hills before.

I was also surprised at the quality of the parts in the kit. For the price its a really solid product.

Took me 15 hours to complete the installation, alone.

Cant wait to have my full exhaust done and put the 62mm TB in.

Things I learned during the install:

-You need small arms and fingers to work on a car. (thankgod)

-Theres a lot of bolts in a car.

-You never know which problem you will face when working on your car.

-Belt tensioner is not by friend.

-Replacing my starter now will be a PITA (Idem for the Alternator and Air conditionning compressor)

-Just because it sounds easy in the manual doesnt mean it is.

-3 hours spent on two bolts is frustrating.

-The two bolts the supercharger sits on are impossible to torque. (and the left one is, like AleroSaint said, impossible to just screw without telekinesis)

-Injectors are a bitch to get out of the rails ("carefully pull", ha ha ha, no...)

-Injectors related : Purging fuel lines like they said to do is bullshit, still spilled 1/4 liter of fuel all over the engine.

-When trying to cut the original tape on the loom for the TB wires and injector wires, be careful not to cut wires... because thats another hour you could spend on something else...

-Belt tensioner is definitively not my friend in the end.

-People working at stealerships are, most of them, dumb asses.

-Too bad installing a second one would required half the time the first one took.

Thats about what I can think of.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:

Last edited by Vinalero : 06-22-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #25
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
lol...so tru....man if i did have my roomate to help me I would be there right now still trying to move the belt tensioner all the way and I also dump fuel every too..lol.....wait till you get the bigger TB its just gonna sit there and hiss while while in idle and about 2k rpm it will whistle....But yeah I was shock in the power diff from stock cant wait to complete exhaust....

Are you gonna leave the intake warm or take it cold?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #26
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
lol...so tru....man if i did have my roomate to help me I would be there right now still trying to move the belt tensioner all the way and I also dump fuel every too..lol.....wait till you get the bigger TB its just gonna sit there and hiss while while in idle and about 2k rpm it will whistle....But yeah I was shock in the power diff from stock cant wait to complete exhaust....

Are you gonna leave the intake warm or take it cold?

Well now its a ghetto one, with parts from original tubing and left over tubing I had at home.

Maybe if I can find a way to make it like redog have done it, I will have a WAI during winter and leave the CAI piping in for summer.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
-Injectors related : Purging fuel lines like they said to do is bullshit, still spilled 1/4 liter of fuel all over the engine.
LOL I know right? Mine spewed everywhere.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #28
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
-Belt tensioner is not by friend.
-Belt tensioner is definitively not my friend in the end.
thats why there is a tool to do that
but i now hate you for having a supercharger. i want one so bad for my LD9, but i have a 99 so it would take a bit more work for me.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #29
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
thats why there is a tool to do that
but i now hate you for having a supercharger. i want one so bad for my LD9, but i have a 99 so it would take a bit more work for me.

I know lol, I just dont have it, used a 10 inch 5/8 wrench and it worked, but I had tight room to do my maneuver and cut both hands and arms in the process

Quote: