Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Finally Supercharged!

"Carefully pull the injectors out" ... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

More to come...
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 06-22-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
I know right....if only i could...*hulk smash*
Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Vinalero
GLS member

did you recieve a reference number with your supercharger or you only gave the sheet with the techline number and the calibration number?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Vinalero
GLS member

Ok so as some may know, I finished installing my supercharger kit on the car. (which nearly drove mecrazy many times.)

This morning I went to the dealer ship to have my ECU recalibrated and showed them the part in the booklet where they ask to call the TECHLINE and give them the calibration number for the reprogram code, one guy told me he knew what I was talking about and that he already called that number for a cobalt S/C kit. They told me they would plug the new MAP for me (I was running the original MAP to be able to go to the dealership slowly). Then I left the dealership.

They call me 2 hours later telling me that my car is rdy, so I'm all excited, I take a cab to the dealership from work and when I get there I get my bill, and go to the casher to pay and notice what is written on my bill:

-Checked with Techline for programmation code: none required, checked MAP, put original MAP in, Road test done with no code thrown.

I ask to talk with the boss and he told me that he was the one that called TEchline and that he talked 20 min with the guy, who asked 2 other ppl for information and all said no reprogramming was required.

I'm REALLY Skeptical about this, so I asked if I had a problem with the car, what would happen? They told me that since I had a file number, I was ok, I would only have to go see them.

I took the car, it drives great, whistle fine, pulls hard, a lot more than before, no code, idle great and all that with the Original MAP sensor.

W-T-F?

Is it possible that since I have a manual, I dont need a reprogramming?

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
BAD IDEA. DUMBeffS AT DEALER.

YOU NEED THE NEW PROGRAMMING AND THE NEW MAP SENSOR, THE STOCK MAP SENSOR CANNOT READ BOOST. STAY OUT OF BOOST AND HARD DRIVING AND RETURN IT IMMEDIATELY AND TELL THEM TO DO THEIR SHIT RIGHT. They have no effing clue what they're doing. Give them the instruction manual and highlight your n-body manual calibration code on that page in the install manual and tell them to flash it with that programming. And tell them to put the effing 2 bar map sensor back in! (Edit: saw you showed them and the moron acted like he knew shit because oh man he worked on a Cobalt like that. bullshit.) It MUST be reprogrammed. They call Techline and they tell them how to do it, plug in your recalibration tool into the OBD2 port, choose the correct reflash, done.

It seems to be driving fine because the computer's set to read the stock MAP sensor, it should run "okay" out of boost. BAD IDEA to supercharge it without the re-tune.... BAAAAAAD.

BAD!

Anyways I loved that line of the install manual as well. Took me like 2 hours trying to figure out how the injectors come off the clip. (took breaks searching around online)

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 06-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
Vinalero
GLS member

Christ.

I did drove it under boost coming back to work because they told me it was Ok.

What could happen if I drive it under boost with the old MAP?

I guess I'll have to get back there tomorrow morning, goddamn that makes me angry.

Quote:

Last edited by Vinalero : 06-19-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Vinalero
GLS member

Turns out I called myself at the Techline, and told to the guy I only wanted an information. He told me there is a calibration available for my car and to change dealership if they could not do that correctly. Problem is, they charged 104 $ for checking on my car at a rate of 92.50$/hour and did absolutly nothing.

Tomorrow I'm getting back there and I hope things will move a bit.

I just hope I didnt screw things up when I got back from my ride...

Quote:
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Those bastards; I wouldn't have left without a reflash. Time to raise hell tomorrow. I paid $88 for the labor to reflash mine. When you drive it with the stock MAP sensor and stock tune, the car thinks it's stock, the injectors pulse a certain amount of time to let out a certain amount of fuel, which is way off since the new injectors are bigger than stock. Also the stock MAP sensor can't read boost so it wouldn't know how much fuel to add once you cross 0 boost/vacuum, so I'm pretty sure it just dumps a ton of fuel just to be safe, not sure on that. Otherwise you'd run really lean since you're adding a ton more air without the fuel to back it up, overheating the combustion, melting pistons, rings, etc.

Tuning is critical to any addition of power, especially boost.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #9
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

OMG...dude that dealership suck haaaard. Even the manual say to get the calibration done its one of the last steps...wow cant they read...like ion said you need to raise some hell and probably need to watch them do it just to make sure...and how the hell they charge you for not doing shit!!! Aint nobody tell them to put the old sensor in...you wanted a re-flash...time to break some knee caps and elbows.

Let us know when you get your proper programming right

Oh get the shift kit if you dont have it already its awesome

Last edited by Alerosaint : 06-19-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #10
Vinalero
GLS member

I have a manual transmission, shift kit is futile

And I called the service head director this morning, he should call Techline as I'm writing this and giving me some news in a few.

Hell, I dont even have dealer code and it took me only 3 min to learn from the guy at Techline when I called that there was a calibration required for my car with the supercharger kit and my english isnt even that good! And they said to me they couldnt find one in 20 min with the guy at Techline and THEY ARE THE EFFING DEALER lol WTF

They are supposed to be one of the biggest GM dealer of the province, just watch me never going back there again!

EDIT: The head director called and was told there was no calibration required for my car (DUmbass) So I called back TECHline and talked to a REALLY nice dude that accepted to contact my dealership and tell them he will give the calibration available for my car, then he wil call me back. I really hope this gets done with TODAY for gods sake since I need my car this week end

Quote:

Last edited by Vinalero : 06-20-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #11
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

You know what ...I did see you had a short shifter in your sig....like how some of these guys say I fail...LOL!!...wow those guys at the dealerships are unbelievable and they been in business how long??? They need to get their act together. Once they get they get their sh!t together they need to put you on the top of their list and you should type an email to gm regarding you displeasure of their unskilled service and lousy customer care. That should put a lil heat under them
Old 06-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

The people who work at dealerships tend to not know anything about cars, oddly enough.

How could they think a stock 1 bar map sensor and stock tune would be the ideal choice for boost?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

What makes it even worse they are "certified" thats a real damn shame...
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

doesn't take much to be "ASE Certified" lol
Old 06-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #15
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

You mean "JACKASS Certified"...morons
Old 06-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #16
Vinalero
GLS member

I got a call back from the head director telling me eh was contacted by a guy from TECHline and that they added the calibration for my car to their system. The guy from Techline also called me back telling me all was fine. I cross my fingers.

I hope to have good news by the end of the afternoon.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

So is your car there now with the proper sensors in waiting too be flashed?.....he need to put you on the top of the list for real
Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #18
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
So is your car there now with the proper sensors in waiting too be flashed?.....he need to put you on the top of the list for real

I need to be there in 15 min, so I better go!

Quote:
Old 06-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #19
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

ok...let us know how it went...they better offer you a new car for their stupidity..lol
Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #20
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
definitely keep us updated.

A long long time ago, I took my car to the dealership to get the reflash. Obviously I never had the s/c kit on the car. I just asked them for the 2bar calibration from the kit. I gave them the part number for the kit, they did some pulling teeth w/ the techline and got what I wanted. Charged me $90.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote