Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:11 PM   #61
OLDSskool

I am totally with Jim on this 100% as well.. I didnt personally get to go to GAP at all.. but from what I hear it was absolutely amazing all years with amazing acceptance by the GA members for the amod members... which is real nice to see..

I have hung out with a few GA members and they are bunnyin kick ass people for sure!

Old 03-15-2004, 12:19 AM   #62
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Personally, I had a TON of fun at GAP last year, both with GA and Alero people. Both crowds are great people. I wish I hadn't gone to Walmart during beer pong registration, but I did make a good fill-in with Noodle! lol.

But yeah, it is no big deal.... I would invite the GA guys, and just let them know that the actual car show is an oldsmobile show. If I could make it out there financially, I would... but with the wedding in September, and the fact that we already can't afford a honeymoon means that I won't be able to make any trips this summer.

Nbodies UNITE!

Old 03-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #63
misslindseysue

Another note about hotel. That rate is good for both June 18 and 19, Friday and Saturday night, and is good through May 18.

Old 03-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #64
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Baracuda96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Baracuda96 Send a message via AIM to Baracuda96 Send a message via MSN to Baracuda96 Send a message via Yahoo to Baracuda96
I can't make it guys... again, i'm on the umemployment list.. got laid off again today....
Old 03-15-2004, 10:44 PM   #65
loudalero

Well since the ga's and the alero's have the same motor couldn't they get in that way, even though it did start in the ga but that shouldn't matter. I think they should be able to come even though its not up to us.

Old 03-16-2004, 12:29 AM   #66
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by loudalero@Mar 15 2004, 09:44 PM
Well since the ga's and the alero's have the same motor couldn't they get in that way, even though it did start in the ga but that shouldn't matter.
The motors in the Alero's and GA are not Olds motors but GM motors. What is meant buy Olds power is that it is an actual Oldsmobile motor.

Now did i type something wrong???????? did I silent speak or something?????

I never said they couldn't come. The Pontiac Grand Am guys CANcome.

The car show is an Oldsmobile show. this is not set by me or anyone on aleromod.

Quote:
I think they should be able to come even though its not up to us.

Loud what do you mean??????????????

Can we all get off this whole thing. I have repeated myself way too many times. If any one has an issue or GA guy wants to come PM me.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:40 AM   #67
misslindseysue

Quote:
Originally posted by Baracuda96@Mar 15 2004, 10:39 PM
I can't make it guys... again, i'm on the umemployment list.. got laid off again today....
That means you have lots of free time, right?

j/k, that sucks! I hope you find something soon.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #68
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Quote:
Originally posted by Baracuda96@Mar 15 2004, 10:39 PM
Jen,

You have to find something other then those temp positions, they never work out. Sure, they tell you they are temp now but may be FT in the future, but if that were so, they woun't use a temp agency.

Sorry to hear that tho, something will pop up.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #69
OLDSskool

Jen I think we have some CSR rep positions opening up @ my work... I will let you know if I find anything out.... of coruse if I do get you a job that entitles me to 25% of your wages....... jus some food for thought.. LoL

Old 03-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #70
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Baracuda96 Send a message via AIM to Baracuda96 Send a message via MSN to Baracuda96 Send a message via Yahoo to Baracuda96
Quote:
Originally posted by Molson+Mar 16 2004, 02:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Molson @ Mar 16 2004, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Baracuda96@Mar 15 2004, 10:39 PM
Jen,

You have to find something other then those temp positions, they never work out. Sure, they tell you they are temp now but may be FT in the future, but if that were so, they woun't use a temp agency.

Sorry to hear that tho, something will pop up. [/b][/quote]
I wasn't temping on this one... i was permanent since November 2003. My company was forced to cut back on budget and since i had no seniority.. i got axed... I thought for the first time in a long time that my job was secure.. benefits/RSPs and everything... but i was in for a surprise...
Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 PM   #71
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OLDSskool@Mar 16 2004, 02:04 PM
Jen I think we have some CSR rep positions opening up @ my work... I will let you know if I find anything out.... of coruse if I do get you a job that entitles me to 25% of your wages....... jus some food for thought.. LoL
I appreciate the help Oldskool... it helps when your friends keep their eyes out for you... (25% is a bit steep... i'll give ya a donut and coffee from Timmy's instead).. how does that sound? Never know what you'll get if you roll up the rim...
Old 03-16-2004, 05:48 PM   #72
Baracuda96
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue+Mar 16 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (misslindseysue @ Mar 16 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Baracuda96@Mar 15 2004, 10:39 PM
That means you have lots of free time, right?

j/k, that sucks! I hope you find something soon. [/b][/quote]
We'll have to see what I can find.... maybe i'll still be able to make it.. but it depends on the cash situation....
Old 03-16-2004, 07:45 PM   #73
OLDSskool

hahah jen.. i dont think my company can compare with what you had there.. we get no benefits when we are with the hiring agency and no RRSPs... but the pay isnt all that bad.... i unno.. its aight for me right now @ my age.. im not in Customer relations tho.. im techinal support

Old 03-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #74
loudalero

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman+Mar 16 2004, 05:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Oldsman @ Mar 16 2004, 05:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-loudalero@Mar 15 2004, 09:44 PM
Well since the ga's and the alero's have the same motor couldn't they get in that way, even though it did start in the ga but that shouldn't matter.
The motors in the Alero's and GA are not Olds motors but GM motors. What is meant buy Olds power is that it is an actual Oldsmobile motor.

Now did i type something wrong???????? did I silent speak or something?????

I never said they couldn't come. The Pontiac Grand Am guys CANcome.

The car show is an Oldsmobile show. this is not set by me or anyone on aleromod.

Quote:
I think they should be able to come even though its not up to us.

Loud what do you mean??????????????

Can we all get off this whole thing. I have repeated myself way too many times. If any one has an issue or GA guy wants to come PM me. [/b][/quote]
Oldsman I was talking about the show and not the whole weekend sorry if I did not make it clear what I was talking about and hence Why I was talking about the motors.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #75
dopey

christ i leave for a week and a half and all poop breaks loose.

anyways its been stated by oldsman but lemme put it in my own words....

GA's can come if they want.... they are more than welcome to..... though i doubt many would want to attend an alero organized function.

there is no way in HELL they will be aloud into the carshow on saturday though.... its an OCA sponsored event..... not an aleromod event. if it aint an olds its not in the show.

the whole reason for this weekend was cause me and scott got to talkin..... we figured since there was no gap this year it would be nice to try and set up abit of a longer weekend for people to get together and hang out. we figured the weekend of the Homecoming show would be good seeings as how the alero chapter was newly formed and this is hte last year for the alero being made also. we thought it would be nice to have a good showing at an OCA event to show those people we are serious about the chapter.

yes we are gracious that we have been invited to gap...... thats very kind of them. its just that with the circumstances this year..... we are organizing something around and OCA specific event. like me and scott talked about...... next year perhaps if we decided to do this again it wont be structured around an OCA event..... in which case GA's would be more then welcomed to be in our "carshow" of sorts.

but seriously..... u people cant tell me more then 3 GA's would want to bother showing up to ASS if there was a GAP takin place this year????

Old 03-20-2004, 10:40 AM   #76
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
who's going........
  • Oldsman
  • Sweetalero99
  • Crazytaxi
  • NoSweat
  • Redog
  • Pimpalero
  • 99blackalero
  • havik
  • overdrive75
  • 3.4Alero
  • misslindseysue
  • Silentalero
  • OLDSskool
  • jturkey
  • sound_xtreme
  • loudalero
The maybes..........
  • bwaynem
  • yiddishbdg
  • StealthAlero1
  • fiestyalerogirl81
  • glsGreg
  • velocity
  • aleroman8
We have a nice list going.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:18 AM   #77
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
ok so is everyone getting their own room or are we getting like 4 to a room. if so i need a room to stay in so anyone have room?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:50 AM   #78
OLDSskool

Im still a maybe on this.. depends on cash flow.. new GF might be comin too.. not sure tho

Old 03-20-2004, 02:13 PM   #79
dopey

pimp i told u u can stay with me and joel and we will prolly have a 4th too

Old 03-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #80
3.4Alero

I'll stay with whoever.

Closed Thread