Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 03-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #21
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
ya after changing plugs your next best bet is to clean your MAF........ which can be done with a can of carb and choke cleaner. spary it inside and on the butterfly and get any carbon deposits off if it.

and if that doesnt help then you might wanna look into changing your O2 sensor....... and perhaps running some seafoam threw the fuel system and throttle body/upper intake as well

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #22
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
people never stop amazing me.

so you replaced your plugs....... but you didnt even bother to ask what brand or what is best suited for your car.

and people wonder why their cars run like shit most of the time

My dad got them thank you... and I never bothered to remember the lable on the box..
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #23
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson View Post
i just changed my spark plugs to ac delco and i still get 200 miles to a full tank and im tryin to drive it easy to save on gas but i dosent seem to work very well. any one have any suggestions

You can also check the fuel pressure regulator by pulling the vacuum line off the end and making sure no fuel comes out. Sometimes they rupture and just put excess fuel into the engine that way.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 AM   #24
Seaaan
GX Member

Seaaan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Seaaan
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteliquid View Post
Gm says the stock plugs last like 100,000 i think.

But i changed mine from stock at 40,000 to ngk iridium and just a couple days ago back to ac delco at 72,000

any noticeable difference between those two? i need new spark plugs and was thinking of just getting the iridium ones from autozone..
Seaaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #25
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
too bad one of mine are misfiring.... grrrrrr

do you have the 2.4, 2.2, or 3400. on the 2.4's it's kind of hard to get the boots to line up on the plugs and some times they don't make contact. this happend to me and i just took the cover off and put it back on again. misfiring was gone. don't know about the 2.2 but the 3400 is totally different.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #26
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflone View Post
sensors..

start with the easy ones.. MAF and any o2 sensor you can find..

they are cheap.. and somewhat DIY..

i dont think $80 a piece is cheap
Old 03-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #27
Bullfish
GX Member

Bullfish is on a distinguished road
I know I was going from a car with a 3.0L DOHC V6 to a car with a 3.4L OHV V6, and from an 18 gallon tank to a 14 gallon tank, but I'm still stunned at how gas-hungry my car is.

I also think the gas gauge is funny, it'll hover around Full for a while, then drop to 1/2 tank in about 25 miles, hover there awhile, drop to 1/4 in 25 miles, hover there...I'm getting about 250-275 miles on a tank, I was going to ask if that's normal but from the posts here I guess it is.

Now I know why a "long range fuel tank" is offered as an option on some cars, I miss going 400 miles between fill-ups. I guess that's one of the trade-offs for having a car that's fun to drive.
Bullfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #28
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
on the highway I got the 400 range... I'm not sure about city driving just yet... Should be a lot better though. What year is your car?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #29
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbastard View Post
do you have the 2.4, 2.2, or 3400. on the 2.4's it's kind of hard to get the boots to line up on the plugs and some times they don't make contact. this happend to me and i just took the cover off and put it back on again. misfiring was gone. don't know about the 2.2 but the 3400 is totally different.

I have the 3400... It's all fixed now (I hope). Cylinder 1 was misfireing... and ironically enough, it's the plug I snapped when checking all of them if they were in all the way.... oops... the other one that was misfireing, it was in wrong.. that's fixed.. Runs great now! So far the light hasn't come on again, so I think I'm good. but yeah, the 3400 series engine is a pain in the butt...