Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
yay more work

Well last night i had someone riding my ass all the way back from my girlfriends house. finally after 8 miles of this persons nonsense the first stop light i came up to i took off pretty hard and when it came time for the tranny shift into second it did and then it said fu and didnt go anymore. i took it to my dads friends house and he said it was a proportioning valve? idk im clueless when it comes to transmissions so its now over there waiting to get fixed. ugh just what i need right now.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Philbar71
GL Member

Philbar71 is on a distinguished road
What do you mean it said "fu" and didnt go any more?
Philbar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
"fu" is a thread in the anything off topic.

basically after shifting into second, it just stopped working.

and sorry alero_bmxer. i can't get you with this.

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
proportioning valves are for BRAKES, LOLOL!!

There's LOTS that could be wrong... start by droppin the pan and checking for debris/ oil condition. If it's clean, red, and relatively gunk free, then you may have a problem.... if the oil's brown, dirty, and lots of sludge in the pan... flush it. Flushing dirty oil normally isn't good (loosens gunk to clog up valves), but if it's already all clogged up it's gotta get clean somehow!!!
If the oil's black and burnt.... time for a rebuild or just replace it.

From there, if the oil didn't help out, and if you don't have the right tools, take it to a garage for them to use their fancy equipment on.

If you DO have the right tools... hook it up to a manual shifter.. preferably one that directly controls through the trans plug (eliminates the computer)..
Then you can run it into each of its 4 gears with switches to see if it correctly shifts... if it does, bad computer/ wiring... if it doesn't... bad trans.. then it's time to investigate... replace a solenoid if it's out, or pull it and rebuild, or just replace it.

Also interesting... the trans is STUCK in 2nd??? Or is it locked up?? What do you mean "won't go anymore"???

ALL cars have a "limp in" mode.. where the trans goes into it's default gear (both solenoids off), and that gear is almost always 2nd gear. There's a few things that will make it go into limp in.. and if you lose a solenoid, lose trans power, lose TCM power, etc....
If it's stuck in 2nd gear and drives and all that, SCAN IT!! There's a parameter for "limp in mode on/off" or something.. see if it's on. If it's on then you'll have to find out why... check all the wiring, power and ground circuits, etc..

Let us hear how it goes!!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
ill definitly keep you guys posted. maybe i got the name of the part mixed up idk
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote