Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 03-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
fiestyalerogirl81

hey any of u guys no, any good places to get window tinting done in either in the southwest burbs of chicago, south burbs, or west burbs for window tinting. And how much it would be. thanks.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:18 PM   #2
PaulVS

Cops can be kinda pissy about tint around here. You're willing to risk the ticket you could get?

You may never get one... but.... if you get pulled over for something else, and the cop wants to be a harda$$ about it.... he could write you up for tint too.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
Oldsmopimp

Fisty.....whatever you do, DONT go to Midwest Glass Tinters in Arlington Heights. They use cheap ass tint that fades and they rape u in price.

I can refer you to the BEST guy around IMO....he works out of a shop in woodstock, where I live. Uses the best tint, and does the BEST tint work I have ever seen and his prices are resonable. Trust me, with tint...u want to get it done right the first time. Just PM me and I can get the fone # and addy, etc.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
i got mine done for $150 but dont remember the place... if you dont find a place cheaper than that i'll find out for you
Old 03-05-2004, 08:25 PM   #5
Oldsmopimp

Be advised....U wont want the cheapest place, ...you get what u pay for. Window tint is something u'll want to get done right the first time.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:33 PM   #6
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
the place i got it done is very good had them for couple years now and no problems no fading etc. have to ask my friend if you want to know where it is
Old 03-05-2004, 09:25 PM   #7
fiestyalerogirl81

oldsmopimpster, i'm gonna have to pm ya. What i'm planning on doing. Is getting the smoke tint up in the front , to get some tint and going black on back sides and entire back. The doctor i work for has tinted windows. Thats what i'm planning on doing. Yes i know about cops and all that stuff. Its not like I have never dealt with them before.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:25 PM   #8
aLeRogrL21
GL Member

aLeRogrL21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to aLeRogrL21
Fiesty, I went to Ziebart in Elmhurst! Mine is the darkest and it was like $150.00 with a warranty too. If you want to try them, let me know...I know someone that works there!

I've had no problems with mine. The quality of their work is awesome! I don't get bothered by cops really. I've gotten pulled over twice since I got it last year. I tell the cops that I have it because I like it and it gets me awards in local car shows. Just let me know.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:40 PM   #9
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
$110 all the way around a 4 door, its in Gary IN though. One guy at work had them tint his windows, very good stuff
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 05:55 PM   #10
fiestyalerogirl81

I talked to a cop at the dental office last night. Too bad I didn't wear contacts or glasses. I guess you can get a dr's note, saying you have to have tints on your windows for medical reason. DAmn. But i guess the cop is gonna find info and see what I can get away with. But I want these tints soon!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:00 PM   #11
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
yea its called astimatism i think if you have acertain degree of it tint is legal
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #12
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Ziebart is good stuff, my friend got her car tinted at the one here in St. Louis. Looks great. I'll be taking my car up there soon to have it done.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:14 PM   #13
fiestyalerogirl81

I made my appointment for this upcoming friday, early in the morning. Gonna have it done chicago ridge,il. At carsmart, used to be ziebarts, and it's only going to cost me 150 for any type of tint i want all around, with lifetime warranty. Now i just have to figure out what i'm gonna do while they are getting tinted. Since i have no one to pick me up.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #14
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
Quote:
Originally posted by fiestyalerogirl81@Mar 20 2004, 04:14 PM
I made my appointment for this upcoming friday, early in the morning. Gonna have it done chicago ridge,il. At carsmart, used to be ziebarts, and it's only going to cost me 150 for any type of tint i want all around, with lifetime warranty. Now i just have to figure out what i'm gonna do while they are getting tinted. Since i have no one to pick me up.
Thats odd, I'm getting mine done early friday morning too. $230 for double 5% on the rear and the sides, and 20% on the front. Only gonna take 2 hours according to the guy. No big deal, it's right next door to where I work so I can go up there and work some extra hours if I want.

Yeah, it's more expensive then Ziebart. But the guy is gonna make it woth my while in the future, he also does custom exhaust and intakes, so hes gonna install my SLP system for free once I get it.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:42 PM   #15
fiestyalerogirl81

I got my tints done today, 5 in the back and 30 in the front, It looks Phat!
Old 03-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=2780

Got mine done today as well, 5% all around, decided against doing the front windshield for now.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:53 PM   #17
fiestyalerogirl81

thought tinting the windshield was a big no no
Old 03-27-2004, 12:48 AM   #18
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fiestyalerogirl81@Mar 26 2004, 08:53 PM
thought tinting the windshield was a big no no
You can do it here, actually.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #19
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by fiestyalerogirl81@Mar 26 2004, 10:42 PM
I got my tints done today, 5 in the back and 30 in the front, It looks Phat!
:thumbsup: Hell yea. thats the same combo I have. It works good. U should post som pix.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:33 PM   #20
fiestyalerogirl81

I do need to post pics, I just cant find the damn battery pack to the digital camera to charge it. It took me a good 10 minutes to say ok this is what I want. It was kinda hard to know the actual lighting of the tint when they place it against a white back ground. I almost went with the 5% and the 20% but decided to go a little lighter. WHile I was walking around Chicago ridge, cause i had no ride to pick me up from 9-til 2 i was wondering such the contrast would it look like poop. but it looks very good....imo.