Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
I think the car looks great as it is man.
Do whatever you want to it appearance wise
Mike The Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

pr0xyph3wl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
I know you! yea your gay and we all know it lol. Brandon don't get the pacesetter! go buy those HID's dammit lol

lol rob haha im gonna order them soon..and i might just rust proof the pacesetter
pr0xyph3wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Canadian View Post
I think the car looks great as it is man.
Do whatever you want to it appearance wise

thanks man..by far the best comment so far lol lowering looks dumb anyways

Ill just let the haters hate, there's always going to be haters just gotta laugh at them
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #24
riceburner2006
GX Member

riceburner2006 is on a distinguished road
No wheel gap makes it a ricer? That's news 2 me
riceburner2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
You really can't rust proof an exhaust system. You could do the whole thing in stainless but that's crazy expensive and pointless if it's not a show car.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyph3wl View Post
thanks man..by far the best comment so far lol lowering looks dumb anyways

Ill just let the haters hate, there's always going to be haters just gotta laugh at them

I'm not gonna hate, I just think without lowering you look like a retard, especially with your bling bling wheels....
Old 10-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #27
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
funny how no one said anything before with my stock 16" wheels "it needed a drop" but seeing as how i have nice chrome 17's its a different story when there is less of a gap..ah well i like it the way it is, i come very close to scraping my front bumper on most driveways, etc.. and im not in any way trying to make my GM car look like a ricer

Whoa....first you need to research the definition of rice/ricer.

Americans were dropping muscle cars LONG before the present-day "ricer" crowd hit the scene.

Current consensus is "rice" is something that is purely cosmetic that gives the appearance of being performance but isn't. Like a hood scoop on something that has no need of it. Like a huge rear wing on a car that will never go fast enough to make use of it. Like a bunch of performance gauges in a mechanically stock car.

A simple suspension drop will clean up the look, and when done right, will actually improve handling.

That thing's not a 4x4. Nobody said anything when you had stock wheels because in that configuration, it looks like you're not planning on improving over stock. When you put nice wheels on it, you give the impression that you care about appearance, and as such, the wheel gap isn't nice looking.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
well said fred you hit that dead on the head, were you in bed covered in sheets of red or lead?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Whoa....first you need to research the definition of rice/ricer.

Americans were dropping muscle cars LONG before the present-day "ricer" crowd hit the scene.

Current consensus is "rice" is something that is purely cosmetic that gives the appearance of being performance but isn't. Like a hood scoop on something that has no need of it. Like a huge rear wing on a car that will never go fast enough to make use of it. Like a bunch of performance gauges in a mechanically stock car.

A simple suspension drop will clean up the look, and when done right, will actually improve handling.

That thing's not a 4x4. Nobody said anything when you had stock wheels because in that configuration, it looks like you're not planning on improving over stock. When you put nice wheels on it, you give the impression that you care about appearance, and as such, the wheel gap isn't nice looking.

its still stupid though, I see lots of cars with better rims than mine not lowered..its all about personal preference, im not going to do as you few people say, it means nothing..and its funny how you go and type a whole essay about it LOL..all im gonna do is laugh
Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
oops....i guess i should delete what i put (get rid of bug guard and cleared corners) because it will make him a ricer
Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #31
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
its still stupid though, I see lots of cars with better rims than mine not lowered..its all about personal preference, im not going to do as you few people say, it means nothing..and its funny how you go and type a whole essay about it LOL..all im gonna do is laugh

that wasnt "big".....please dont get me started He's just letting you know that you dont know what ricer means....in a nice way...... He's not hating on you. He's putting about 450 horsepower down with a transmission swap from a grand prix GTP.... basically he has one of the most bad ass cars on here. Why would he hate on a stock car? well....you have rims and tinted your tails.... nothing compared to what a lot of us have put into our cars.

If you dont wanna lower it thats fine, its your decision. If you really know anything about cars or pay attention to them closely and you see a car with rims and there is a massive gap in there (on cars) it just looks dumb. My sister has a stock integra but she has 18s on it and it looks GREAT as far as wheel gap goes. But our car is jacked up pretty high on stock suspension. NOT TO MENTION the AMAZING difference in handling you will get from new struts and lowering springs.

But you stay with your stock springs.....looks....um........good?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #32
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
My anti-ricer mods:

- Stock size steelies
- No dash stickies or mirror hangers
- Cone marks all around the car (you can scrape walls instead if you have no access to cones)
- No carwash for 2 years
- Black race tire marks on the backseats

The fact that it's a MT and that I have a raised hood doesn't help but I make up for it by having a quiet exhaust and a dented hood.

Hope this helps those who have ricer-phobia
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.

Last edited by bentiac : 10-14-2010 at 01:48 PM.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #33
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentiac View Post
My anti-ricer mods:

- Stock size steelies
- No dash stickies or mirror hangers
- Cone marks all around the car (you can scrape walls instead if you have no access to cones)
- No carwash for 2 years
- Black race tire marks on the backseats

The fact that it's a MT and that I have a raised hood doesn't help but I make up for it by having a quiet exhaust and a dented hood.

Hope this helps those who have ricer-phobia

lol thanks for the laugh..too funny
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #34
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

It's all good, you're right about personal preference, and I'm doing the same thing, just laughing.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #35
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
yea you can't properly rust proof a exhaust setup its going to burn off and smell horribly
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #36
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
yea you can't properly rust proof a exhaust setup its going to burn off and smell horribly

can't? it can be done, just not cost effective to most.....
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #37
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
well for what he is probably going to end up spending to do it you may as well go out and buy either a borla or something esle really
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:03 AM   #38
pr0xyph3wl
GX Member

Quote:

you smell horrible, noob LOL idk what im gonna do yet, but ill see
Old 10-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #39
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
you smell horrible, noob LOL idk what im gonna do yet, but ill see

Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #40
Hectic
GX Member

Hectic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post

X2.