Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
b1alero

Light the fire

I drove my alero out with my kids to the local "zoo". Went to leave and the car just turned over. Wouldn't start. Had no indication that anything was going bad. After a few choice words and getting pissed off I had a buddy bring some of his tools out and figured the fuel pump is fine. Filter is clear and the injectors are fine. Pulled and looked at every single fuse as well. The only thing I can narrow it down too is the coil/ moduler pack on top of the engine. It seems like it doesn't want to spark. Is there something else I'm overlooking? and if it is the coil/moduler pack can I find something after market to give me a hotter spark? Appreciate any help that can be sent my way. Thanx
Old 10-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
You could get an MSD ignition... And if you really want you could swap over to electronic distributor and plug wires....just do a lil bit of searching...GL
Old 10-22-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
b1alero

Thanx for the advice. MSD is the way I was looking. Since this is my daily driver I needed something right away and found one at a local Junkyard that worked just fine. Pulled it off of a cavalier. I am gonna keep looking though.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
b1alero

Well, I wanted to update the find. Ends up that the coil was fine and the ignition module. Been told that the ignition switch and the relay are not available. I was also curious if anyone thinks the Crank pos. sensor may be the prob.?
The C.P. sensor is only 20 bucks. hoping it'll solve the prob.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
tighten terminals

Im only saying this because it happened to me..

Battery terminals of course..
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Maybe you should try to check the crank sensor first before anything else, if coil pal and module is fine. CPK control the sparking after all
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #7
b1alero

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflone View Post
Im only saying this because it happened to me..

Battery terminals of course..

Thanks but the car has plenty of power to turn over. Just doesn't want to ignite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super white alero1 View Post
Maybe you should try to check the crank sensor first before anything else, if coil pal and module is fine. CPK control the sparking after all

The Crank sensor is what I'm checking out now. Thanks though. It's really starting to bug me cause I been driving my roommates Blazer around while he is deployed. That thing sucks down the gas compared to my Alero. I despise Electrical problems. Just hope that it gets fixed so I can get on the road again.