Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 11-16-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
New Ecotec turbo kit.

well...ok, I dont know if it's new or not, and I have no idea about the quality. What I do know is that I dont remember seeing it on here before, and thought maybe someone would benefit from it. Maximum Boost

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
BlackJack, you rock....now if only Santa could bring me that for Xmas
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
heh, yeah, and I hope Santa does bring you one.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #4
HazMatt24
GLS member

If he finds a way, I'll be more than happy to drive down to SV and let you install it lol
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

short drive. You should link up with strtryder and elitecloud, they come down here to visit once in awhile.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
HazMatt24
GLS member

I totally should, then I could share what I'll probably really get for Xmas, a bottle of Vodka and a lump of coal...got no idea what to do with the coal but I bet there are a couple of people on this board that could turn it into a diamond for me if inserted into the correct orafice
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

meh, vodka isn't bad if it's Absolut or high grade equivalent, but Capt. Morgan's Private Stock is always good for a turbo install.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #8
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
idk...something tells me that kit wont net you very much horsepower...or at least be reliable for very much past 9-12psi...running only a T3 turbo instead of a t3/t4 hybrid...
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #9
HazMatt24
GLS member

it's always a party with the captain...turbo or not, but having the turbo would be a lot cooler
Old 11-17-2006, 02:03 AM   #10
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

That seems to be a good deal, but dont know the quality on it. I rather stick to getting a turbo from Hahn. Which has been known for quality products and performance.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 PM   #11
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i did some research on this kit, and apparently the guy that owns the company has been scared away from j-body.org. apparently his products are pieced together using generic parts that he buys off of ebay. then he sells them for twice the price. those that purchased the kits from him later ended up replacing all major components, which would have been equal to buying a hahn turbo kit. and, the hahn kits include great tech support on their kits.

so, i'd steer clear of these kits.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #12
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
i did some research on this kit, and apparently the guy that owns the company has been scared away from j-body.org. apparently his products are pieced together using generic parts that he buys off of ebay. then he sells them for twice the price. those that purchased the kits from him later ended up replacing all major components, which would have been equal to buying a hahn turbo kit. and, the hahn kits include great tech support on their kits.

Thanks for finding that out, hopefully it will keep people away from that kit who was planning on buying it.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #13
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post

Yes, 2fst4u is right. The guy that sells those kits uses low quality parts bought off ebay. None of the parts, aside from the exhaust manifold, are engine specific and the charge pipes are just a bunch of 90°'s that you'd have to cut and have welded yourself. He's also proven many times over on J-body.org that he doesn't know the first thing about putting a turbo kit together let alone how the whole system works.

Steer clear indeed....
Old 11-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

glad someone on here knows about his stuff, cuz I'd hate for someone to get taken for a ride on my account. But then again, did I mention that I had no idea about the quality? Good CYA.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
no problem, i'm glad i did the research before i purchased the kit myself.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote