Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-24-2006, 05:18 PM   #21
dt_freak1

It BLOODY WORKS!!!! . The new Type X components came in, they replaced the faulty midbass and the crossover for the driver's side assembly and i also got my subwoofer working again correctly. As it turns out, the subwoofer developed the same damn problem the faulty midbass did, the cone separated from the spider basket. I know for a fact because they checked the coils in the sub and found them to be in proper working order and then they hooked it up to another system and it distorted. To make this long story short, they pulled the sub out of the box and examined it and found the woofer separation. WEIRD. Anyone else had these problems at all with any other Alpine equipment?! Anyways, my bud Rick at American had 1 Type S Dual Voice Coil sub sittin around in the showroom that wasnt even hooked up and he just called it a warranty item and swapped my shot Type S for the new one he had. I also had the guys in the soundshop eq all the gains on the amps so everything is even and had the guys also do a little sound adjusting in the car so all sounds good now. Let me say, Type X components fairly SCREAM with clarity. All I need to do now is get a bigger 4 Channel Amp to power them properly and my car will kick ass
Old 04-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #22
dt_freak1

New 4 Channel check and done. Alpine MRV-F345 now calls my car home for a good deal . next up on the to do list: Alpine Type R 6x9s to replace my midgrade Boston FX93s. then im going to gut my wiring job and redo it completely with 0/1 guage stinger wiring for 2 amps. then im looking at 2 Stinger Red Top batteries. a New alternator will follow and then a Alpine V12 monoblock(biggest they make) to push 2 Alpine Type X 12s. my car will scream.