Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-31-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Str33tRacer

Sometimes when i drive a ways and the engine gets time to heat up, it will start to leak, the only way im aware of this is because when it leaks it hits the engine block and it evaporates to steam. I padded it up with a paper towel and its red so its tranny fluid. Also, now my traction control will just decide to shut off on me when im turring, accelerating, anything like that. its leaking from a hose thats right below the intake. When i go and look, its dripping from there. My guess is that theres not enough tranny fluid to power the traction control... or would that even have anything to do with that?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Maybe you cracked the tranny case? That's where mine was leaking from

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
I think your leaking coolant. Dexcool can be orange or pink. Transmission fluid is pretty much contained within the tranny. You have a couple of hoses that go to a cooler connected to the radiator but those are at the bottom of the engine bay.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
The hose below the intake is ur coolant hose. I would say ur hoses is about done. Get some new radiator hoses.. upper and lower and some new clamps at autozone for 25 bucks. Easy to change.

Stock hoses usually last 100k miles or 5-6 yrs (if you do alot of driving). My mom's 96' olds 88 hoses lasted 9 yrs but she only drives like 10 miles total a day to and from work. When i changed her hoses a month ago, they were so fat, I'm surprised they didn't burst long before that. Last thing you need is the hose going, then you'll overheat and be stuck in on the road.