Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
gre0481

So it turns out that October is my lucky month.

Not sure why, just hasn't been so lucky.

Last wednesday I was on my way to work. Like Kampher, I was in an accident.

going from east to west through a 4 way stop. Light turns yellow as I pass over the white line, older lady is heading east to west, turning south (left)
It was either hit her, or 2 other cars, so i hit the brakes and knocked her rear bumper. They say she received more damge. Aesthetically, it didn't look like it, but her radiotor sprung a leak. (hit her in the rear) I smashed my driver side headlight, fog, corner of hood, driverside fender, wheel well, bumper. Tallied up to 3,700 dollars worth of damge. I have to go to a hearing to sort out who's at fault, because technically I had the right away, and she should have stayed put sitting at a yellow light. One witness gave a report, and she just said I came outta no where .
Accidents suck, a unch of he said she said. Cars in the shop till november 11th, hopefully quicker than that.

Driver an 04 subaru legacy with a sixer. Peppy, just not a fan of the ricer sound and ride.

I get updated pics everyday on how the progress is going through the collission site. Unfortunately, they have just been posting pictures from the estimate. A new one each day.

Enjoy pics :P
Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
bummer man, that rim doesnt look damaged which is good
Old 10-31-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
gre0481

Yeah,

Brand new tires and rims, didn't wanna lose that too. I was hoping I could substitute after market parts (which would be cheaper) insurance doesn't allow that though. I plan on checking em all on the balancer just to make sure, and the alignment. Only mechanical damge was a little crackage to that air box, and a power steering leak. Line somewhere. Hidden pretty well. I drove it to the collission shop, I just had to top off the power steering because It has that slow leak.

I do think these are pretty crash safe cars.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:47 AM   #4
gre0481

updated pics, not out of the woods yet, but close
Old 11-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #5
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
fender looks good
Old 11-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by gre0481@Oct 31 2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah,

Brand new tires and rims, didn't wanna lose that too. I was hoping I could substitute after market parts (which would be cheaper) insurance doesn't allow that though.

Any insurance company does, all you have to do is ask for a check to be made to you and then order the aftermarket parts yourself....it doesn't matter what parts you use, as long as it is fixed the insurance company can't say a thing...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #7
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
that is true. but some will olny repair cost back to stock and some will repare back to what you had.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #8
cannaert
V.I.P. Member

cannaert is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to cannaert
1.Look nice. How bad was the unibody and do you how much they had to pull it.

2.But at the same time the Cheaper that fix the happier they are. I am learing about how much it sucks to be a Body repair man and the insurance company. But also how to screw them.