Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 05-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Oldsmopimp

Store/Site purchased: Summit Racing (summit part# INT-25-1-040)

Cost/Shipping: Right around $200 shipped

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Ordered them in early feb... got them in late April (backorder)

Initial product impressions, quality: Nice looking, powder coated purple...looks like a spring

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: No instructions came with them, but I have done springs before...however I did refer to Aleromods handy HOW TO on changing springs for extra input

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: I have air tools and a spring compressor so it was quick and painless. Much easier than I had expected

If not self installed, cost of installation: Did it myself. Anyone in NW IL looking to have this done, contact me and I'll do it for cheap price

Performance, appearance opinions: Performance is great, handling was GREATLY improved. I was very happy with that. I havent brought it in for an allignment, and judging from my test drive...prolly wont. Dosent pull to either side at all. Rides a lil more sporty than stock, but deff. not a rock hard ride. As far as looks.... seems to be a nice even drop. Supposedly these springs drop the back a lil more than the Grand Am springs, and the front not as much. Overall it looks MUCH better than stock, but I would still rather have coil-overs.

Any other thoughts about the product: Deff. worth the $200. Good mod to do. IMO a MUST if your putting aftermarket wheels on.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
AleroSS

How much of a drop?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
j-work

j-work is an unknown quantity at this point
And pictures of finished product.
j-work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
dadirtybulldog

i'm with aleroSS, how much did it drop???
Old 06-14-2004, 01:16 AM   #5
shox

what size rims u have on and how much did u drop it
Old 06-14-2004, 05:16 AM   #6
green99gls

A little curious what made you goo with the Intrax over Eibachs. Planning on lowering my new car and cant seem to be able to decide between the two. The Intrax it seems will drop the car lower, but the Eibachs have a stiffer ride (so everyone seems to keep saying in these forums). Did you upgrade the struts to KYBs like every recommends or did you leave them stock. Also what size wheels do you have and are you much happier with the gap differential now than the stock height or is it even noticeable.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:17 AM   #7
green99gls

Planning on putting 18s on and was wondering what size wheel you currently have
Old 06-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
ShortysTRM

I wanna know more, too. We are gonna lower the Alero soon, and we also don't know what bardn to go with. We know a girl with Sprint, and her car looks good. I love Eibach. And with Intrax, you get a 2" drop, and that's sexy lol. Anyways, I would like to see before and after from the same angle, but I doubt you took any as most people don't think about it. Thanks for the review though. :thumbsup:
Old 06-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #9
Oldsmopimp

I dont remember where I read the Intrax drop the alero 1.8" but thats bout what I got.
I chose Intrax over Eibachs cause they drop more and their cheaper.
I chose Intrax over Sprint/Springtech because they are a more well know company.

I'm ridin 18X8" wheels on 235/40-ZR18 Pirelli P-Zero tires. They look great in combo with the springs.

I dont have any good before and after pix, but here is a nice profile shot of the drop...
I also have a few more pix at www.cardomain.com/id/latenightcreepin

Hope that helps ya guys out
-Alex
Old 06-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #10
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ride ! I like the small Olds text and symbol on the door too....tasteful, and unique. :thumbsup: It DOES seem like a nice even drop.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:40 PM   #11
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
did you change your struts too?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:53 PM   #12
Oldsmopimp

Oh yea, lol...forgot to answer that one. No, I have the stock struts. only 39,000miles tho. Honestly, I'd say only go with strut spring combo if ur doin the job at 80,000miles+ or so.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:37 AM   #13
wc_alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsmopimp@Jun 14 2004, 07:53 PM
Oh yea, lol...forgot to answer that one. No, I have the stock struts. only 39,000miles tho. Honestly, I'd say only go with strut spring combo if ur doin the job at 80,000miles+ or so.
Or if your struts are bad like mine were. I only had 40,000 miles when I made the change, but my struts were bad so I also changed them. I still haven't had a chance to take pics but hopefully this weekend.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am gonna ditto the OP post but change a couple of minor things.

1. I paid a little more, just over 250.00 just bc I ordered from Amazon.com but since I paid only 5$ out of pocket.....HOORAY for work perks!!! : D

2. I paid for the express shipping and they made it there NEXT day! I gave them a wrong address but it was promptly shipped the next day and I had them when I needed them

3. The last thing that I wanted to comment on is that I have had these on since Saturday night and the fronts seem to pop when I turn the steering wheel, mainly when it's to the right as though they are not seated properly. I am taking the car in for an alignment this weekend (it made it pull quite a bit and it has lots of negative camber since it was dropped) and I will give an update on the popping after that.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #15
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
ya, you dont have the upper mount seated correctly against the bearing plate. and it wont have any negative camber up front, and maybe a few degrees in the back(which doesnt matter since our cars are fwd)
Old 03-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
Alero2k4
GL Member

Sound, can I seat that properly by using a jackstand or do I need to pull out the strut or something? Also it is the top of the spring that isn't seated properly? BC I made 100% sure to have the end of the spring right where that 'block' (for lack of a better explanation) is. I also made sure to clean all the dirt and debris from the lower mount so that it could seat properly.

Last edited by Alero2k4 : 03-19-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typos
Alero2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #17
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
you can try to jack it up and turn the wheel back and forth a few times while it's jacked up. i got lucky once and fixed it that way.

basically what happened is the 2 plates on top arent lined up. so the assembly doesnt turn freely.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #18
Alero2k4
GL Member

cool man, thanks I will try that tonight and see what happens : )
Old 03-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #19
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alright, well I jacked it up and tried that.....very extensively actually. I turned it back and forth probably a dozen times at least and it didn't fix it. I am waiting on a response from intrax as to why the front of my car looks stock anyways so I guess I will have to wait and maybe when I get the alignment done I will have em look at the upper mounts around the bearing and make sure it all looks good.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #20
Alero2k4
GL Member

K, still have the popping noise. Contacted Intrax to ask wtf is up with the stock ride height. Didn't get an answer for over a week. I actually had to call their number. I guess they just moved into a new building and their e mail isn't working. Let me start of by saying Intrax FTMFW when it comes to customer support. They are awesome. We are taking things one step at a time but they are even gonna tell me how much and where to cut them if I need to. All I have to say is A+++++ service. Recommended 100% if you want someone who will back their product!!!!