Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 12-08-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

Before I get started with my new topic I wanna give props to Reddog and his runs he pulled at the track, Congrats Reddog. Like I said when I got rid of the Alero I was gonna get another one someday, I'm not getting one now, but would like to know some opinions on which one to get. The 3.4, 2.4, 2.2? I wanna be quick, and I might rule out the 3.4, because I think I want a 5 speed this time around. I wanna run low 14's and possibly high 13's with no power adder, is this even possible with any of these engines, or do I need forced induction? I wanna get these times with N/A engine. Thanks for advice.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
13s has been had NA with the 3400.......fairly easily too, they have a lot more room to work, with new cams coming out for the 3400 there is a world of possibilities for na now
Old 12-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Thank you very much

Yeah the same mods I have, in a GA I would be running in the 13's somewhere, the gearing is different, esp when it's 35 degrees like it was on Saturday

Without Poweradders low 14's will be tough in an Alero, a GA, yeah no problem, but I would say the 3.4 is the way to go. You could do the GA tranny, but with the programing invovled, you'd be much better off doing the 4t65 tranny, and reprogramming with that. You may be able to use the 4t45 tranny shell and have the 4t65 internals. It's a pipe dream for me, I havn't researched if that will fit into the shell. The 4t65 tranny is in the GM mini vans (ie Venture) and the 2000 to 2004 Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, and Impala. There is also the 4t65HD which is the heavy duty tranny in the Impala police cars

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote