Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
#5 is exactly what I meant. I might be eskimo white, but I keep up with my urban vernacular!
LOL! Got to be able to talk to all walks of life...from articulating intelligent conversation to ghetto Ebonics in a flash...lol!

Number 2 made me giggle some more...lol

Topic: Allot of guys on here say performance first then go for show.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #22
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
the biggest thing I have noticed so far in my time here is that both show and go is almost a contradiction... show almost always adds extra weight, thus reducing any performance mods done to the car either before or after... at that point, it is just for personal preferrence of saying you have both...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
NOS is a very bad idea you can blow an engine very easily. I say start with Rims, Springs, Struts, and Exhaust and a WAI or CAI. Also id u want to make REAL HP you can save your cash and supercharge or Turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleromod Upgrades Site
Generally speaking, the 2.4L Twin Cam can handle up to a 100HP shot of nitrous safely. Most run between 50-75HP nitrous nozzles. Wet is far safer for the engine, as you don't want to rely on the ECU to send extra fuel in that split second the nitrous begins to spray, not to mention whether or not the stock injectors can safely put out enough fuel to compensate for the extra air, or if the tune can even take that. Wet systems introduce fuel as well as nitrous. Direct port is the safest and also the most complex.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
the biggest thing I have noticed so far in my time here is that both show and go is almost a contradiction... show almost always adds extra weight, thus reducing any performance mods done to the car either before or after... at that point, it is just for personal preferrence of saying you have both...

Such as switching to a fiberglass hood, fiberglass fenders, etc. compared to steel?
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
oh well i really do not care if u want REAL power not NOS you turbo or supercharge.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #26
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
ok.. since everybody is being the aleromod asses. Your best bet is to look up the info ion[C2] did for the forums. He is a fellow LD9 (2.4L) owner. not sure who else here can share some intelligence for the aleronoob. But def tho,

Intake, header, exhaust. the basic to start off with. But research and abuse that DAMN search button like the dirty whore it is. You will get results that will point you in the right direction
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #27
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
yes ion is a great person to ask. But good mods that you can start out with like , Intake, Rims and a catback exhaust. It is your car mod it the way you like it not the way other people like it.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucalare View Post
Such as switching to a fiberglass hood, fiberglass fenders, etc. compared to steel?

have you ever felt the fenders on the alero, they aren't that heavy 5lbs MAYBE....the hood yeah you could save 30-40lbs, but you can save 30-40s each seat by switching to a nice lightweight racing seat too......
Old 05-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #29
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
I've never had the fender or seats out of the car, but I'd believe that with the fenders, the seem really tinny. When I get the money I'm going to replace my driver's side fender with a dent in it and use the old one to teach myself to paint (hopefully)
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
yes ion is a great person to ask. But good mods that you can start out with like , Intake, Rims and a catback exhaust. It is your car mod it the way you like it not the way other people like it.

see post #2.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
see post #2.
ok what is your point and vinyl will look stupid
Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
because it was a joke. Everyone should do whatever the hell they want.

cover it in vinyl, and have giant wagon wheels... as long as its what makes you happy... who gives a shit.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #33
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucalare View Post

This is not what I was meaning... Almost everyone gets bigger wheels which weigh a ton because they look good in their opinion... then they think they want to go fast, and do the performance upgrades... Unless they spend thousands on either turbo or supercharger, an intake and exhaust is only going to compensate the difference that their wheels made in the first place... not to mention if they add 2-300 lbs in stereo equipment to the trunk... I am in the same boat, and I am finding the same results, my car's power to weight ratio is going back to almost what it was stock after the "show" and now with the "go"...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Or you can buy lightweight rims like me that with bigger tires still weigh less than stock!! Then it's the best of both worlds!!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #35
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Or you can buy lightweight rims like me that with bigger tires still weigh less than stock!! Then it's the best of both worlds!!

I don't believe you. you should, erm.."lend" me your wheels and I'll test this absurd theory of yours..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #36
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
My 2.4l experience says:

CAI, Header, high-flow cat, 2.5" exhaust system - first steps for power
Lightweight 17" rims with appropriate tires, strut braces - first steps for handling
Styling is totally up to you - a nice paint job is expensive....

Unless you have a lot of money to spend this will be enough for a good start.