Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
deathwish666
GL Member

deathwish666 is on a distinguished road
Help Please

i was just about to change my rear brake pads and while i was jacking up my car i realized, i have no idea where to put the jack stands....ive lifted the front many times but never the rear, and im not really sure what everything is called so if you can explain it to me in simple terms (like saying "that big flat tube that runs to the trunk") it would be greatly appreciated

thanks much guys
coming soon: some led's, better subs
deathwish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
normally, i jack up the center, lifting both wheels, and put the jack stands on either side.

(there is one point back a little from the trunk that is pretty obvious to be a decent jack point)

sorry i can't be much more specific.

just take a look around under there, and look for something thats solid and looks reinforced... that'll be your jackstand points.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
You can use the side rail where it flattens out. They say to use that but it jacks it all up pretty good. I would get the car up on one side, jack it, then the other.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't there like some indentations on the sides where you are suppose to put the jack. I'm pretty sure they are there it will look like there is a section missing, I guess that is what AGT is talking about?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
deathwish666
GL Member

i used between the two wheel arms for my lift but that thing is huge the surface it touches is like 6"x6"

agt you mean it jacks it up pretty good in a bad way or a good way haha
Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish666 View Post
i used between the two wheel arms for my lift but that thing is huge the surface it touches is like 6"x6"

agt you mean it jacks it up pretty good in a bad way or a good way haha

a good way but also kinda bad because the front wheel can be lifted a little too. Not off the ground but still
Old 07-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
deathwish666
GL Member

ooh...thats kinda something i dont want, my garage has a little slant so the water runs out and i would like to keep my from wheels down as much as possible haha...i think i may go with the two things that run back to the trunk and back bumper...i think thats a part of the frame? its above the axle and is the same color of my car if that helps at all haha
Old 07-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
AGT
GLS member

mmm... you might just block the front wheels and do one side at a time. As long as its in park then you should be good.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwish666 View Post
ooh...thats kinda something i dont want, my garage has a little slant so the water runs out and i would like to keep my from wheels down as much as possible haha...i think i may go with the two things that run back to the trunk and back bumper...i think thats a part of the frame? its above the axle and is the same color of my car if that helps at all haha
Ok why is there water getting into your garage?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #10
deathwish666
GL Member

from when you pull cars in and theyre all wet...at least thats my best guess lol...and i just put the jacks on the frame worked great, but then i took off the pads to find that they arent worn down at all well maybe a little...but nowhere near needing to be replaced and i just put new rotors and pads on the front like a month ago

now i need to find out what is squealing when i stop -_-