Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Looking cool, not feeling the wheels but they are different. I like the smoked tails...how long did it take and what product did you use?

You have a usb jack and you are running a flash drive....Pull that out and get yourself a 300gb 3.5" external usb hard drive, and put it in the glove box or mount it down in the cubby or something creative.

I want to find a deck with the usb port on the rear, so that I can pull this off...I've been thinking about it for awhile now.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #22
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lonnie: Looking cool, not feeling the wheels but they are different. I like the smoked tails...how long did it take and what product did you use?

You have a usb jack and you are running a flash drive....Pull that out and get yourself a 300gb 3.5" external usb hard drive, and put it in the glove box or mount it down in the cubby or something creative.

I want to find a deck with the usb port on the rear, so that I can pull this off...I've been thinking about it for awhile now.

I sent the tails to a paintshop. What they used was automotive clear with a little black paint.

The external sounds like an awesome idea. A friend of mine tried to do that thing with the external on his, but it didn't work. His is last years JVC though, so maybe there were some changes on that. Just something you may want to research before buying the HU.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
I sent the tails to a paintshop. What they used was automotive clear with a little black paint.

The external sounds like an awesome idea. A friend of mine tried to do that thing with the external on his, but it didn't work. His is last years JVC though, so maybe there were some changes on that. Just something you may want to research before buying the HU.
Yeah I will its just an idea thats been stuck in my head for a while...I'm thinking that some of the headunits that support usb drives are limited in the size they can support...I'll research at work tomorrow if I get a chance...thanks for the heads up. How much to get those done at a paint shop?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #24
Valley olds
GLS member

I got charged 80 for all 4. It was kind of a cheapy place though.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #25
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Looking cool, not feeling the wheels but they are different. I like the smoked tails...how long did it take and what product did you use?

I have a jvc with a usb port and tried pluggin in a external harddrive just a 120gb and the stereo didn't put out enough power through the usb port to power it so i doubt it would work unless the harddrive had a seperate plug in for power and you had an invertor too.
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #26
Valley olds
GLS member

Well, heres some new pics. Basically, I polished my valve cover a little more by hand. This is probably where I stop (at least by hand). Also got the front and rear STB from z-spec.

I already have a set of KYB GR2 struts, and Im waiting on some Intrax springs which are already paid for, just backordered. Will post pics after install.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #27
Valley olds
GLS member

Finally lowered it

Just lowered the alero with Intrax springs. Here are some pics. The one of the rear is kind of blurry.

Soon to come... wheels

Last edited by Valley olds : 08-15-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Valley olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #28
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
looks great man. you runnin stock struts?
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #29
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
I already have a set of KYB GR2 struts,

Reading Pwns You.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #30
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
yea i guess so... everything looks great but i'm not diggin the 'valley olds'
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #31
Valley olds
GLS member

Quote:
knuckleballer32: yea i guess so... everything looks great but i'm not diggin the 'valley olds'

"Valley Olds" is a small "car club" me and a cousin are in. Its just us two. His delta, my delta, and my Alero all have the logo. I want to get more members, but there arent really many fixed olds in the valley, and we dont really want to stain "valley olds" image.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #32
ryanJ
GX Member

ryanJ is on a distinguished road
those tails are sexy, I need to get some
ryanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #33
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
when you get your 17's, I'll be interested in your current rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanJ View Post
those tails are sexy, I need to get some
go get some VHT Nightshades (it's spray on tint that you can only buy on the internet.) and there's a how-to on here somewhere...
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
Valley olds
GLS member

Quote:
AlbinoMonkeyRat: when you get your 17's, I'll be interested in your current rims.

Sounds good, I just hope shipping isn't too bad.