Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Fender Liner

Hey everyone. After having looked at the fender liner thread on the WTB section, I realized the important purpose they serve. Now, my car has both fender liners, but they are installed differently. My drivers side fenderlinder goes under the side skirt, while the one on the passenger's side goes over it. Which one is right? I have some noise/ water issues, and think this may be a contributor.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
as far as i remember, they should be outside of the sideskirt. and outside the fender, and bumper cover. pretty much covering up everything
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Valley olds
GLS member

Quote:
whiterider00: as far as i remember, they should be outside of the sideskirt. and outside the fender, and bumper cover. pretty much covering up everything

If that's the case, I can rule out the fender liner, because my issues are on the passenger's side.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
sorry for your loss
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
ya, hes right. i took another look at it. sorry for the bad info.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Valley olds
GLS member

Quote:
bdyman: the rear part of the fender liner goes inside the rocker molding, but the liner tucks inside the fender, and the front half of it goes on the out side of the bumper which is held in with clips, and 10mm bolts

can you locate the source of the water leak, could it be the door weather striping, or on that side are you missing the fender seal, water leaks are very hard to pin point

Not sure of their exact locations yet, but I think I have two. One of them happens when I have the AC on for a long time. I have led this one to a foam seal between the AC duct and the firewall.
The other one happens when it rains, and I use the car. When I wash the car, I do not have this issue though. After having read your response about the liner in the other thread, I looked at mine, and it was over the side skirt. I inspected a little further, and found a gap through which you can see some kind of fabric (maybe sound deadening stuff that goes under carpets). Well, I hope this is it. When it stops raining, I will reinstall it properly, and hopefully, no more leak.

Quote:
whiterider00: ya, hes right. i took another look at it. sorry for the bad info.

Its ok. I couldn't have really done much yesterday anyways. Nor will I today.