CBLOHM3400 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to CBLOHM3400
looks great keep us informed
Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #42
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
door pod update :

need to cover them in vinyl . just don't have the cash right now so I painted them. also I have an amp to drive them that I need to install but need to get speaker wire to do so, so right now they are just running on off the HU. I put them in cause I was sick of having no door panels.

[IMG][/IMG]

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #43
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
looks decent. how do they sound?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #44
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
looks decent. how do they sound?

the sound pretty good for not having an amp. once I cover em they will look a lot cleaner

=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #45
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
ummmmm good work...but looks out of place.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #46
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i would of resesed the speaker in but still looks good
Old 03-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #47
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

they still need to be covered yet.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:21 PM   #48
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Looks damn good just not a fan of the crossover being there, but if that was recessed I think it would look really good. Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #49
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post

im confused... why is there a mirror in your car?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #50
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
im confused... why is there a mirror in your car?

thats the rear door. with the reflection in it.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #51
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Looks damn good just not a fan of the crossover being there, but if that was recessed I think it would look really good. Keep up the good work!!

actually it will be recessed when I take them out to cover em I thew the in to have front speakers.

they need to be cleaned up a little and will get finishing touches. recess plexy,add leds cover them. they actually look like crap with the paint on em but I didn't want to look at two tone.

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 03-03-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #52
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
actually it will be recessed when I take them out to cover em I thew the in to have front speakers.

they need to be cleaned up a little and will get finishing touches. recess plexy,add leds cover them. they actually look like crap with the paint on em but I didn't want to look at two tone.
Good I think it will really look good. Nice job man! Are you doing one color leds or multiple colors? I didn't have time to read everything. Hey how are they attached to the door, did you use the cup that was there as your core?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #53
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Good I think it will really look good. Nice job man! Are you doing one color leds or multiple colors? I didn't have time to read everything. Hey how are they attached to the door, did you use the cup that was there as your core?

I took the pockets off and made a mold of the door. then used mdf under the cross over and a mdf ring for the speaker I put bolts thru the back of the pods thru the holes that th pocket mounted to. If I did it over I would have glassed bolt in the rear of the pod when I made the mold. then there would studs to put thru the holes.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #54
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Oh ok...Now would it have been easier to use the pockets and modded how you wanted or did you plan on being able to replace the pockets if you wanted to get rid of the car...etc. If someone else was to do this is it easier to do it your way you think or modding the pockets?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #55
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

I did it that way because I didn't want it to look like the pocket was covered with glass and i didn't want the speaker sticking out to far. I don't care about resale of my car. Im keeping it if i need a new car I will get one and park mine. I can give them as much in cash that they will give me for s trade in. I still need to resess the plexy and put leds in and cover them (foam and vinyl it will smothe out then ) I have to relocate the trunk button to the little change holder on the left of the steering wheel.

aftermath did agreat job on these but aI wanted more on a flat flow with the door. and I don't like to copy kind make it my own.