Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #21
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Are those MB quarts? they looks them or the diamond audio d3 setup. I'm sure they're the diamonds by the grill and crossovers?? LOL
Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think he told me mb quarts
Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
YE the are quarts I've had them for a few years. I got them new and used them in my civic for about 3 months then totaled it. the have been in my bed room closet since. not the best but I have them so why not use em

this is the set I have

i want the paint on my car like the malibu two tone but candy blue top and silver pearl bottom (hot) like this

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 02-05-2008 at 02:59 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post

the Hinges!
Shaved handles and body line.

Door is reinforced w/ 3/8" thick plates at where the hinges mount on the door and door jams. So definately backing that poop up. Or else the door will fall off cuz the stock sheet metal is really thin.

Nice, I was hoping for a shot like that. Any pics of when he cut holes/ installed the hinges on the chassis side?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #25
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
YE the are quarts I've had them for a few years. I got them new and used them in my civic for about 3 months then totaled it. the have been in my bed room closet since. not the best but I have them so why not use em

this is the set I have

i want the paint on my car like the malibu two tone but candy blue top and silver pearl bottom (hot) like this

SWEET.. my friend has 2 sets of mb quarts components in his VW beetle. Those tweeters are pretty harsh! LOL.. he had to put a filter btw the tweeter pod and the tweeter to muffle it down a little. LOL.

That mustange is nice, but we don't have the body lines like that to flow w/ anything. IMO. But u can still do it.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #26
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
SWEET.. my friend has 2 sets of mb quarts components in his VW beetle. Those tweeters are pretty harsh! LOL.. he had to put a filter btw the tweeter pod and the tweeter to muffle it down a little. LOL.

That mustange is nice, but we don't have the body lines like that to flow w/ anything. IMO. But u can still do it.

ye in my civic I put the tweets on the pillar right next to my head (bad move) ye they are harsh can be very clean with the right set up tho. this is the only set I have left I sold off the others. had two sets of these in my civic with a JL w3 12" and kenwood excalon (sp) in the doors (put them in my f-150 speakers are worth more than the truck ) the civic was quite loud. had a guy at work think it would be funny if he did the sterro up wipers on joke. Ye great till I turned the car on and smoke $700 worth of speakers. So he bought me new stuff or lost his job (I new the boss well ) ha ha

the paint i want to do top color down to the side window bottoms. I have a lot of work before the paint time comes. hope in the spring to do out side handles and hood (ss style not 100% sure yet tho ) nothing with me is final till I have it in hand I have changed my mind on stuff while ordering it . sure you know how that is tho

=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 02-05-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #27
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
lets get an update brother.............
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #28
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
lookin good man!!! cant wait to see it when its done!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #29
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

this is where the pods are at now. I sanded them yesterday my shoulder is really bothering me so I quit earlly. I just need to cover them and mount and wire em might get done this week end depends how I feel.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #30
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Damnnnnn, that looks GOOD. I wish i could do that Big ole' speakers up in the front are going to sound niiiiiiice.

Im getting pissed with my car, because my back speaker covers rattle and sound like ASSSSSS and theres nothing i can do about it but anyways, keep up the good work dude
Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #31
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
just a quick question. How are you going to secure the pod to the door?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #32
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Damnnnnn, that looks GOOD. I wish i could do that Big ole' speakers up in the front are going to sound niiiiiiice.

Im getting pissed with my car, because my back speaker covers rattle and sound like ASSSSSS and theres nothing i can do about it but anyways, keep up the good work dude

the rattle might be the trunk. spray foam Im told helps

Its not that hard to do really. the gauge pod was my first fibergass project on the car and this is the second. I have worked with fiberglass pipe systems but thats it. Just take on a project and do it research the materials (how they work) youtube is a great starting point watch videos on how to glass. couple important things is (aftermath will prob back me up on this)

1. never mix more resin than you can lay in about 10-15 min. It is quick to mix if you need more but if you have a gal (never mix a gal at a shot ) of it that sets on you and starts ot gel you are screwed. I also found that you can adjust the catalist (harderner) to adjust the time it takes to set to a point. I mixed it "cold" when I first started now I mix it a little "hotter" to speed up the process. but to hot will make the resin very week and not good so it is kinda a feel thing for me
2. have all the materials ready when you mix the resin (mat, fleece, gloves, etc)
3. layer,layer.layer fiber glass resin is brittle on its own the strength is in the combo (hair and resin). the back of the pods I made have 3 layers woven roven (course hair mat ) a layer of fleece, and another layer of woven roven = 1/4 + inches thick
4. get the air out the air pocket are white in color get all the air out. air make weak glass

the next project is the rear deck Im gettin rid of the speaker grills and put sub ports in the rear deck. I might put a brake light across the rear window and some kinda raised olds lit up emblem not sure yet. I figure it out as I go.
let me know if you got any questions Im more than happy to help out if I can or I will get you the awnser you need ( or try )

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #33
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
just a quick question. How are you going to secure the pod to the door?

Im going to use the holes from where the rivets were and use self tapping screws. I want to play around with the screws and drill pilot holes to avoid cracking. I might have to put a wood brace behide it Im not sure yet. will post that when I figure it out

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 02-08-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #34
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good bro
Old 02-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #35
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
damn fine job yalero. quite the diy'er, aren't ya?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #36
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
damn fine job yalero. quite the diy'er, aren't ya?

I prefer to build it not buy it I like to stand back at the end of a project and say I made that. what can I say i'm cheap too

the only thing that sucks is the mess my garage looks like a train filled with flour ran thru it

Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #37
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
the rattle might be the trunk. spray foam Im told helps

Its not that hard to do really. the gauge pod was my first fibergass project on the car and this is the second. I have worked with fiberglass pipe systems but thats it. Just take on a project and do it research the materials (how they work) youtube is a great starting point watch videos on how to glass. couple important things is (aftermath will prob back me up on this)

1. never mix more resin than you can lay in about 10-15 min. It is quick to mix if you need more but if you have a gal (never mix a gal at a shot ) of it that sets on you and starts ot gel you are screwed. I also found that you can adjust the catalist (harderner) to adjust the time it takes to set to a point. I mixed it "cold" when I first started now I mix it a little "hotter" to speed up the process. but to hot will make the resin very week and not good so it is kinda a feel thing for me
2. have all the materials ready when you mix the resin (mat, fleece, gloves, etc)
3. layer,layer.layer fiber glass resin is brittle on its own the strength is in the combo (hair and resin). the back of the pods I made have 3 layers woven roven (course hair mat ) a layer of fleece, and another layer of woven roven = 1/4 + inches thick
4. get the air out the air pocket are white in color get all the air out. air make weak glass

the next project is the rear deck Im gettin rid of the speaker grills and put sub ports in the rear deck. I might put a brake light across the rear window and some kinda raised olds lit up emblem not sure yet. I figure it out as I go.
let me know if you got any questions Im more than happy to help out if I can or I will get you the awnser you need ( or try )

1.) LOL i used that when i was a noob.. wasted craploads.
2.) mixing it too hot will not weaken the structure, It will just dry really quick.

I just mix mine really hot now. I used to mix it cold when i first started it took forever to dry.. Like overnight. Now i mix it hot and it dries in 15-30 min. and i don't waste any resin no more. You just need to have quick hands to work with the resin and fiberglass. Now i'm at the point where i'm not messy and do not drip resin all over the place.

and yes.. get all the bubbles out. air bubbles is the thing that makes it weak.

P.S. do not get mixed resin on your skin. It will burn like a mofo and will need to use laquacer thinner to wash off your skin. Wear good gloves. Resin will eat through crappy ones.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 PM   #38
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

quick update ..........

I worked on the doors for a little today I made the plexy and lit it up. going tomarrow to get the vinyl to cover. also need to get screws and a gromet to run the wires thru

heres a pic of the lights. nice glow Im going to do a matching olds emblem in the rear deck when I glass it

Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #39
paulyb
GLS member

any updates of this brother,,,,,,
Old 02-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #40
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
any updates of this brother,,,,,,

no I havent worked on them. I just got 4 wisdom teeth out today so Im goin to hit the projects hard next week

exhaust (down pipe to tail pipe ) finish doors, and work on heater controls (99 malibu)