Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
need input on amp mounting .................

well let me start off by saying I got an elevation amp for my neighbor and got stuck with it (not a bad thing ). So here is the question I have a Us acutics two channel amp that I was going to use for my door pods. But now that I have this new amp I have a few choices.

1. use the two channel Us Acoustics for the door pods and the existing sub amp I am running (small) and sell the elevation amp

2. use the elevation amp as a 3 channel for door pods and sub. sell the Us Acoustics amp and RF sub amp

*3. use both two channels ( its a 4 channel) on elevotion for door pods. use the Us Acoustics
amp briged for sub sell RF amp.

* this is the choice I am leaning towords

then if I do use both amps how should they be mounted ?

stack em ? should I take the blue amp apart and paint it silver?

side by side ?

so what ya think ?

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
i would use all three... one for your door pods, one for the 6X9's and the other one for the subs... i have 3 in my car, and have them run that way, and i have mine set up on the back of my seats, 2 on the 65, one on the 35... depending on what you want to do for a set up, if you are looking to maximize trunk space, stacking them would probably take up more space than you want to use, where the back of the seats keeps them tucked away.

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Oh I for got to say that I removed the 6x9's so all I have is a 12" sub (RF punch) and MB quart 6.5 and seperate tweets in the front doors. might do another front stage in the future duel 6.5's in the doors

=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
what does that elevation amp measure on the longest side? (might be interested if your selling it)

but if i were you, i'd use the 4 chan for the fronts and acoustic for the sub.

and i went side by side. its kinda a pain, cuz the audio wires cross the powers at some point, which is bad, but its only for a second so it doesn't really matter. and where are you mounting them, between the seats? is there enough room to stack?

you could put the elevation there, and the acoustic mounted up on the bottom of the 6x9 "shelf" it seems small enough to fit.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #5
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
then in that case, i would use the 2 of them... however, if you stack them, you have the issue of trying to keep the wires to the top amp clean and tucked away... it can be done, but you would have to test run them before you decide on anything official... good luck with it....

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
what does that elevation amp measure on the longest side? (might be interested if your selling it)

19 1/2 " x 10 1/2"

hmm now you got me thinking. mount the amps on a shelf that pulls out like a drawer. put them centered under the 6x9 openings and use some leds to light em hmmm ?

they are being put in the trunk.

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 05-17-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
19.5.....nvm. WAY too wide for my setup. but yes, play around with that shelf idea. maybe make the front out of plexi, so you can backlight them, for a decent effect
Old 05-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #8
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
19.5.....nvm. WAY too wide for my setup. but yes, play around with that shelf idea. maybe make the front out of plexi, so you can backlight them, for a decent effect

only thing is they both may not fit side by side on a shelf. hmmm ?

Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
That Elevation is better than both the other amps put together... lol

Providing the subs can handle to power it will work well there. Will alos work well on comps.

Use it wherever!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
only thing is they both may not fit side by side on a shelf. hmmm ?

so stack them on the shelf. put the elevation on the bottom, and make a small raiser to put the acoustic on.

or

elevation mounted on the bottom of the shelf, acoustic on the top (or vise versa)
Old 05-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Ya stacking amps? lol. Just mount them to a board an inch or so off the sub box.