Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-13-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey all,
Haven't been on in a long time, but here's the deal: I have 2,400 miles on my Alero and I don't brake hard or anything and the brakes rattle. I'm 99% sure tho that the rotors aren't warped. I think its the brake pads. It's just this terrible shaking/rattle, and i feel it in the steering wheel a little when I turn. I think there's some garbage stuck between the pads because the problem started when I left my car sitting in the driveway for 3 months. I think the rust scraped off the rotors right between the pads. Any suggestions? :rolleyes:
Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
my car sat for 7 months while i was in iraq and didnt get any "garbage" stuck between the pads, at least not anything that didnt get worn out after a few miles. i think you are another victim of the GM warped rotor syndrome.

you said you feel it when you turn. now i assume you are braking thru the turn as most people do, if not then it might be something with the calipers as well, not releasing the pad maybe.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ya i think if you have shaking in the steering wheel warped rotors
now does the shaking happen when you hit the brakes??? if it does warped rotors
if it just shakes it might be a out of balance wheell
give more description please of what it is doin
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #4
niral622
GX Member

niral622 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the responses...
yeah, the shaking happens as I brake....even if I am going straight (and braking) I still feel the shaking in the steering wheel...and when I turn and brake at the same time, I also feel the shaking...wow....after 2,400 miles the rotors are warped...wt* is with GM, are they trying to piss people off? issed:
and the sad part about this is that I don't even brake hard...but I guess it all comes down to cheap rotors....