Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
nicothehut
GX Member

nicothehut is on a distinguished road
Wtf.....now the How to of Auto Door Locks

Ok I have owned my Alero since may of 08.
Last week for the first time i when shift from park to drive and all the doors locked.
I know GM cars do this but my alero has never done this in all most four years of owning the car.
WTF.......

Last edited by nicothehut : 03-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
nicothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Very weird that it hasn't done it in 4 years cause it def should do it every time. I doubt anyone will be able to give you a good answer cause i've never seen this problem pop on here.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
nicothehut
GX Member

didnt think i get a answer but thought it was weird and share.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
something finally clicked. either way... kinda funky...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
My car does that, and has done so since I've owned it.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
The feature can be changed. There are 4 modes for the automatic door lock system. Put the key in the on position without starting and hold the lock for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds you should here a number of chimes. The amount of chimes you hear indicates which mode you're in. 1 chime for mode 1, 2 chimes for mode 2, etc.. I only know what mode 1, 2 and 4 do.

Mode 1 is what everyone knows as the default mode. Shift out of park and the doors lock. Turn the car off and the doors unlock.

Mode 2 is similar to mode 1 except that it only unlocks the driver's side door when the key is turned to the off position.

Mode 4 turns the entire system off.

I JUST learned this yesterday from a buddy of mine who also has an Alero and I decided to try it out last night. Apparently it's in your owner's manual, but I have no idea where mine is.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I put mine in mode 4. I got tired of everytime went to drop off or pick up someone having to unlock the doors.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
nicothehut
GX Member

You guys are the best. That's why I keep coming on here. Thanx for the info I'll go pull my manual out now look up this auto lock control.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
The feature can be changed. There are 4 modes for the automatic door lock system. Put the key in the on position without starting and hold the lock for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds you should here a number of chimes. The amount of chimes you hear indicates which mode you're in. 1 chime for mode 1, 2 chimes for mode 2, etc.. I only know what mode 1, 2 and 4 do.

Mode 1 is what everyone knows as the default mode. Shift out of park and the doors lock. Turn the car off and the doors unlock.

Mode 2 is similar to mode 1 except that it only unlocks the driver's side door when the key is turned to the off position.

Mode 4 turns the entire system off.

I JUST learned this yesterday from a buddy of mine who also has an Alero and I decided to try it out last night. Apparently it's in your owner's manual, but I have no idea where mine is.

wow thanks +rep for that, so sick of having to unlock doors all the time..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post

oh ya! so there is no mode 3? and mode 4 means the locks will not do anything automatically correct?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
No prob. Glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
oh ya! so there is no mode 3? and mode 4 means the locks will not do anything automatically correct?

There is, but I'm not sure what exactly it does. If you check your owner's manual it should be in there.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
nicothehut
GX Member

Mode 3 everything locks and No auto unlocks

Last edited by nicothehut : 03-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.
nicothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
nicothehut
GX Member

Page 2-8 in manual
Old 03-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
nicothehut
GX Member

Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Wish they had programmed a way to shutoff the DRL's like that.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post

Because Canada requires them, they just figured that they would just make them stay on. They never bothered me, so i can't complain. only if my interior lights worked, lol.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
Because Canada requires them, they just figured that they would just make them stay on. They never bothered me, so i can't complain. only if my interior lights worked, lol.

zzyzzx- you know if you shut off your car, apply the ebrake, start your car again your lights/drls shut off but i have a feeling you already knew that or simply ment "toggling" your drls on or off kinda.

nate... nothing to do with canada. im pretty sure my car does not have the canadian rpo code.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #18
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post

If you are talking about dome light i have to hit mine to make it work...it also works to hit my cd player right after putting in a cd that keeps getting spit out
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i think the canadian thing nates talking abolut is what i ran into wensday with a customer suburban. Came in for a laundry list of repairs including a request to make it possible to shut the head lights off. (Customer is on a local emt department and when hes on a call his lights are stuck on all the time, anytime). The 03 suburban has the "drl defeat" switch in the dash but it didnt work. Looking at silverado of the same bodystyle showed me that u can shut the headlights off if u switch to "defeat" while the lights are on. That confirmed my what i thought. I went as far as pulling the switch out and checking grounds and blah blah blah. Low and behold the vehicle had the Z49 "canadian base" rpo code. Canadian law will not allow you to shut the lights off simply put. Even called Gm and they said they would not allow us to reprogram the bcm nor would they recommend modifying the system. Simply put canadian base vehicles (dont know what year\makes\modles) will not have a headlight defeat switch that works and at night (or when the sunload sensor says its too dark out) ur stuck with the headlights on even if the keys on/ignition off.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Poltergeist! Jk, I see everyone already hooked you up but I had to say it.