Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #1
AleroAngel83

Well, I did a quick search on here (I'm at work and don't have a whole lot of time to spend on the site unfortunately, so don't hate me if this has already been posted) and didn't find anything in the little time i had to look... I was at 7-11 this morning, tried to start my car to leave... well, it turned over... and over... and over, but never started. Someone said it doesn't sound like it's getting any oil pressure, but I don't know... I had the same problem the other day, and it turned out to be a grounded out wire from my remote start. But all the remote start stuff has since been removed, so I can't imagine that would be the issue... any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to figure out something (hopefully not towing lol) before 6:00.

Thanks guys
Old 06-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i bet if u go try it now it will start. my car did the same thing one night. after waiting a few minutes it started up. during this time i was hitting the starter with a wrench cuz i thought it was stuck maybe (it was cold outside) but i dont think that helped any. aleros have a mind all their own sometimes.

try disconnecting the battery for a while. let it reset itself.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
bigd6983

yea try the battery thing, and jackal, i dont recomend you trying hittin the starter........on old cars i know that worked but new ones, they are made out of a ceramic material, and they will break lol..........i found this out the hard way, not on the alero but another car
Old 06-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #4
Final-Reality

When the starter in my truck died (although it wouldnt turn over at all) hitting it with a hammer while trying to start it did actually get it started so I could drive it to the dealership to have it replaced.. it might be that the gear thinger in the starter isnt contacting the flywheel, so hitting it (lightly!) might actually work, but your starter might be dead. Also, it might have something to do with the shoddy wiring job from your remote starter..
Old 06-02-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
so what ever happened with this? did u get the car started?

with the hammer thing, i learned that trick in iraq when my truck wouldnt start. our hmmwv's are old as dirt so they get that problem as well as vapor lock quite a bit. issed:
Old 06-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
AleroAngel83

well, i replaced a couple of the relays, put on a new fuel filter (it was still the stock one), got the oil changed and disconnected the battery for a bit... turns out it started right up... it had a little bit of hesitation starting this morning that i haven't had before, but so far it seems to be running ok... i appreciate all the help guys, thanks a bunch
Old 06-09-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
Orion

Its your battery, it happened to me recently. Take a rench and undo the positive and negitive terminals on ur battery. Then here is an old trick, take baking soda and water, mix it together and pour it on the the terminals and on the spots on ur battery. The curroted places will bubble and then take a scrub brush and clean it. Does an amazing job!