Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-28-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
supvnman

once in a while my trans will slip when i floor it while im moving very slowly (around 10 mph). It feels like very very bad wheel hop, if that helps at all. Any ideas?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:37 AM   #2
bigd6983

whens the last time you changed the tranny fluid and filter on that thing, how many miles does it have and how do you drive it(hard, normal, like a grandma)........I drive it hard so I plan on changing the fluid every 18-20,000 miles.....

let me know the info to maybe help isolate the problem
Old 06-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #3
GLSalero99

I posted something about this a few weeks back, mine does the exact same thing when I floor it from a slow speed, usually only when i'm making a turn and not in a straight line acceleration.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
i get this too from time to time too, only when im turning. I changed my trany fuild less than 7000km ago.........

i find that when the car is cold, or atleast not at operating temp, it happens the most. mind you this doesnt happen to me often, i think its happened a total of 5 times.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:09 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any of you guys notice a "lag" when shifting into reverse? I get this all the time. The tranny shifts fine when in drive, and shifts INTO drive just fine,( almost instantaniously) but when shifting into reverse it tends to "lag" roughly a second or 2 longer. I've only owned the car for about 2 months, and also have no idea on when/IF the fluid was replaced. ( It's got 77k on it currently )*NOTE* I'm kinda aprehensive on changing the fluid and filter mainly because of a post found in the turbochargers thread in the 3400 performance section. The thread dips into how the stock trannies will react to power, and how they're a great tranny, but someone had mentioned that a friend changed their fluid, THEN the tranny started slipping. I don't need the thing slipping while driving too......

Any advise would be appreciated B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #6
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
yeah i have the puase going into reverse, i think its always been like that. But i dont know, i wasnt the first owner of the car. But its been like that since i have owned it.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:46 AM   #7
bigd6983

the reason his trans might have started slipping because he added the wrong amount of tranny fluid, chaning the fluid is not going to cause a problem, whether doing it shows a problem that has already been there I dont know, but changing into some fresh stuff will not hurt. As far as the pause my car has this and always had, I think its just kinda normal and dont see anything wrong with it, aslong as ur not slamming into reverse hard, i see no problem with it......
Old 06-07-2004, 05:52 AM   #8
Jetfix

I get the lag into reveerse too. I think it's normal as mine is a 2000 and has 44,000 on it, sucks because i'm used to the shift being immediate so i'm usually on the gas before it shifts. Hard habbit to break. and the slipping during turns, the inside wheel is probably spinning, and for it happening when the engines still cool, the coolant goin through the throttle body isn't hot yet so the air is cooler, cooler air will give a teansy bit more power, just relax a little bit on the gas pedal and problem solved
Old 06-08-2004, 05:08 PM   #9
StealthAlero

I took mine into the Olds. dealership and they saw that i needed a whole new tranny. And it was all covered under warranty too. I have a CAI, Exhaust, Rims/Tires, Springs, Gauges, HID. So you guys that are worried about all that crap on your car when you bring it in, you should be ok. Cause none of that stuff voided me. BTW- My car had 69,000 miles on it.